Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Can walmart steal money off your debit card?

:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I know this is totally for yahoo answers but nobody has answered there and i need to know now :/
ok let me start by saying that my card had $200 to begin, then i went xmas shopping and bought a few things at walmart which overall equaled in $130 range(like last week). then i bought a few more presents yesterday at the dollar store(leave me alone they had nice cheap toys for kids lol) and bought a movie($9) at walmart, i was checking out and the ladys stupid machine wouldnt accept my card and i kept trying to swipe it and she tried too and they said it wouldnt accept so i took it to the ATM to see what my balance was and guess what? $4.00 was left :) which is total crap! I know for a fact that I had at least in the $70 range left. so do you think they stole my money? or is there a way i could find out what items i bought exactly on some site? please please help this whole thing is just making me angry, i was gonna save the rest of the money for xmas shopping for my family back home... cant believe this... I'm very sure I didnt spend all of it!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmzmegs:
MzMegs Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The other day my sister had to go to the bank because someone used her debit card to buy an $80 thing in Amazon even though she only had like $18 in her account. Maybe someone got a hold of your card info. My sister had to cancel her card and get a new one.
:iconspookyink:
SpookyInk Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012   Traditional Artist
First off, no they can't.
You probably forgot that you bought something like food or small items.
Look at the back of the card for a website since most prepaid cards has a website for you to check balances.
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
If you spent $130 at Walmart, bought a move for $9 and picked up 10 toys at the dollar story you had about $50 left.

While there are ways for them to take money off a card, it would read as cash back on the recipt, and the only way to backtrack it is to dig out your recipts and look at them.
:iconcheshiresmile:
CheshireSmile Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
it was most likely your bank stealing your money for using your cards, ive lost hundreds to bank related skeevyness, they are the worst robbers themselves
hmm could be! :/
freakin bastards >.> seriously they just stole my xmas money >:/ my grandma is the one that set this up so I can go tell her too and explain.

thank you
:iconcheshiresmile:
CheshireSmile Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
definately check your bank statements, they like to charge your stuff weird so that they can nab the rest of your monies and count it as overdraft, even though you never overdrafted
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Check to see if your bank has an online banking website. You should be able to log into your account and see exactly what purchases you made. There could be some service fees also. But to answer your main question, no, a company cannot charge you after the initial swipe of your card and that particular sale. If your bank doesn't have a system where you can check your account online, you need to either call them or go to your nearest branch.
okay thank you.
Add a Comment: