Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

The Thought of Dying

:iconversusvenus:
VersusVenus Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Artist
Everytime I watch horror shows,I imagine myself dying in one of the most horrible,painful way possible,and then coming back as a dark entity haunting a family.Sometimes,they appear in the forms of nightmares,but instead I die of suicide.Everytime I think of it,it makes me feel guilty.I need mental help.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmania-kitten:
Mania-Kitten Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I do the same thing. I sometimes lay in bed and think of the most worse tortures that could be preformed on myself and imagine the outcome and what they would feel like.
:iconbotoru:
Botoru Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I watch lots of horror films/read lots of horror stories but I'm never really scared (although I did once dream of my stabbing myself, it was really weird). I suggest you watch some different genres for a while and try to forget the horror movie by replacing it with something else. Or you could just avoid horror movies and not watch any at all.
:iconinvader-connie:
Invader-Connie Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try not to think about it!

You still have many years before dying. Just be careful of what the future might hold for you.
Relax! Maybe stop watching horror movies, and watch funny ones.
Do something exciting like go to worlds of fun or something like that.

Don't worry a thing of dying. Enjoy yourself! :) :heart:
:iconsaykha:
saykha Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Writer
I can't watch any horror shows or read any horror books. It disturbs me for days, and I struggle to sleep. Everything makes me paranoid and it just feels that something disturbing has managed to crawl under my skin, so to speak. So, because I don't like this feeling, I decided to stop watching horrors. I would merely suggest that you do the same. If it causes you horrible nightmares it's best to rather not watch it.

I also had disturbing nightmares once, and what helped was to surround myself with pleasant things. When I would wake up after a nightmare, I would still feel disturbed (I had really wacked-out disturbing nightmares) - what I did was put on some gospel music. The gospel music had a loving, cheerful vibe to them and that would ease my heart a bit. I would then just go back to sleep and sleep really well and peacefully after that. After a while my nightmares started to disappear merely because I filled my mind with more positive thoughts than negative ones.

It's a simple thing really: You have filled your mind with negative things (horror movies), so to fix it you have to fill your mind with positive things. The Bible tell us to only think about positive things - "brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Phil 4:8 - I've applied this and it has helped me quite a lot.
Please try it. I had night-terrors and disturbing nightmares once - God helped me with them through this simple principle. Stop watching things that disturb you and start surrounding yourself with beautiful and positive things :hug:
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Professional Writer
maybe you're just morbid, I do this sometimes myself but only a few times have suicide ever entered my mind. you might want to stop watching horror shows or get some professional help?
:iconysliao:
YSLiao Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
It's just thoughts and dreams. Just know not to act on them. Or watch less horror films.
:iconerarosaimmortal21:
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
It's normal to think of death. Apparently it's quite normal to think suicidal thoughts or have nightmares about it. Just there is a line between thinking and trying of course. I'm talking about in reality here.

Every one gets nightmares.

Also avoid watching them horror shows. That would help and give the mind some rest.

Still I don't think you need metal help.
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
"Everyone get's nightmares."

I don't.
:iconerarosaimmortal21:
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
You never have?
:iconrendjur:
rendjur Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me. I know of some people who don't actually dream, either. Interesting, hey?

Or I wonder if people do get nightmares...but just don't remember. Hm.
Add a Comment: