Possible hacker in account could ruin most of my life

Does anyone know anything about Hotmail? Just I can't sign into my main account, it's saying my account is being used. Even though I'm signed out. I tried to fill out a security profile but I can't remember ever little detail myself 0.0

All I wanted to do was just sign into my account. But it won't let me in. Now I'm really worried someone is actually in my Hotmail. I don't know what to do! Also my password seems to be longer for some reason like someone has changed it. I've had the same password and email address for years as it's easy to remember. I don't want to lose my other contacts important ones or emails. Could anyone help please? I'm so worried now. The Hotmail teams says I have to wait 24 hours what If someone is in it? They're really not helpful at all. I'm so angry about this!!! I've never had a problem occur like it before.

Oh, and a few days before this has happened. I had random contacts trying to get me to add them. Which I blocked but one particular one has come back.

I didn't know where to post this either.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: by OP request.
Microsoft has excellent customer service, so they should take care of you really quickly.

If someone did get into your email, it's really not the end of the world. They're just going to use it to send your friends sketchy links (so you might want to let your friends know not to open stuff from you till you get it back). To be safe, you should change your password on anything that would get you really screwed if someone got into it like online banking.
Microsoft is taking care of the problem I think. I Googled the problem I'm having. A lot of customers are saying they take ages to reply back, or don't get in touch at all. But I'll just wait that's all I can really do atm.

I've been trying to change my password but it won't let me. My old address comes up the one that's "hacked".

Also I tried to sign in today, and it's still saying someone is using my account. They must be using my account for spamming.

Thanks for the info^^
I really appreciate it.
If anything you need to come up with a really good password. Make it long; a combination of uncommon words combined with characters, high and low capitols and numbers.
I will do that in future. No way do I want this happening again.

Thanks for sharing^^
Is your password the same as every other account on other services? I had a Yahoo account that's been compromised one time and I think it's because I keep using the same password in many different services and applications. If those services get hacked, your accounts for other services can get hacked.
No. That's the thing I make different passwords for every account I own.

It's still claiming someone is using my account, and that I have to verify that I'm the actual owner. Which I am, it's really annoying because I've filled out forms and answered so many questions. No customer support link is coming up. This has never happened to me before and yesterday it was working perfectly fine. This account is very important to me as it's my main one.
There is a way that they can go through with you, you explain its yours, prove it, and they'll sort it out.
I have filled out a form as much as possible. Apparently they're getting back to me in the next 24 hours. I hope if they do, I can get my account back.
I wouldn't stress too much, as long as they haven't changed the passwords on your other sites, I think you're probably fine.

My hotmail tends to block me, every few months, I'm unsure why, but it does. So maybe its actually an error on their half.
Okay then. Nothing else has changed except Hotmail. It's still doing it today:/

I see. Well sometimes Hotmail says it's unable to sign me.

Maybe so, well I hope it's an error.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.^^
I think you're probably fine :)

G'luck getting it sorted. It took me a good week to get mine fixed again >:
We can't help you. You have to go through hotmail. If they say you have to wait, you have to wait.

' I've had the same password and email address for years as it's easy to remember.'

THAT is your problem. You need to change the password you are using once you get access again- and change it for all your other accounts, too. Change it to something good. Use letters, numbers and, if it will allow, at least one symbol. Seriously, toss a hypen or backslash in there somewhere. It makes it way harder to figure out.
I've been trying to change the password. The reset one, but it keeps going to my account which is supposedly hacked. I think it might be blocked. It's be like half an hour already. But if I do get into my email again, I will definetily be making the password harder. I've even googled about it and followed intrustions but to no avail. Also I've downloaded new security for my microsoft.
Try contacting their help desk or something
I have done now. It will take 24 hours for them to get back to me. That's if they will, I doubt it though.
They're pretty reliable about getting back to people, don't worry :D