Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Platforms for Japan-lovers

:iconlittle--pig:
little--pig Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Photographer
Hi there, I'm looking for any widely known and used website where Japan-lovers and fans meet, discuss Japan related topics and share fanart and fanfiction.

Does such a place exist on the internet?

Or is dA what comes closest?

Finding such a platform would help me out a lot!

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines before posting as this forum is about seeking advice from others on personal issues. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Try Google. It will gladly give you a lot of fitting results. XD
Also there are many Japan and manga fans on dA. ;3
dA has groups for these topics too.
Thanks, I'll use google too.
But since I've seen many fans on dA, I was wondering if they could tip me on the biggest and most widely used ones.
On dA I've found one group called HeartofJapan, but maybe you know some others?
:iconsiranger:
sirAnGer Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Depends on what you mean by "japan-lovers". If you're looking for platforms mainly related to manga and anime (and games), there are plenty out there. If you're looking for a less otaku-ish experience, there's also a few websites (one of which I used to visit a few times, but forgot its name plus it was in German...) out there.
And by Japan-lovers I mean fans of Japan, people who are very interested in Japanese culture (including Japanese popular culture), who go as far as to create fanart and fanfiction and maybe even dress Japanese (or cosplay) and dream about visiting or living in Japan.
I guess mainly platforms for manga and anime, since Japanese popular culture is what creates most Japanophiles/Japan-fans, right?
But those less otaku-ish websites also sound interesting: are they as popular as these manga and anime inspired platforms?
Add a Comment: