Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Help with relationships?

:iconotama-owl:
Otama-Owl Dec 6, 2012  Student Writer
Ok, so basically, I recently asked out this girl that I really like. We both go to community college and have been good friends for almost two years. She's bisexual, but leans more toward girls.

When I asked her out, she seemed really happy that I did, but said that she wasn't sure that she liked me "that way", and that she would need to think about it. I suggested that we wait and see what happens, but she wanted to go on a date and see how it goes from there. So, great, she's giving me a chance. I decided to wait for her to bring it up again, since I didn't want to pressure her into anything.

It's been a month now, and she has not done anything to resolve/figure out our situation, or made any mention of the "date". I did make sure that she understood that if she didn't want to go out with me, she wouldn't have to, and that whatever makes her happy works. But she was persistent, saying that a date would work best.

But now, I'm not sure what she wants. I don't know if she likes me, if she really is confused, if she's just afraid to say she doesn't like me, or is stringing me along. I honestly don't know.

She really means a lot to me, and I really don't want her to do anything that would make her unhappy/uncomfortable. Some days, it feels like she really does like me. Other days, it's like we're just friends. I feel like she's sending me mixed signals.

So, what should I do? @_@

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcynicalpsychic:
CynicalPsychic Dec 11, 2012  Student General Artist
make a move! I would say that she's waiting on you to take the next step
:iconlili-exec:
LILI-exec Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Go with what Aret said. Seriously, it's like baking a pie and just leaving that deliciousness to burn into ashes.
:iconpapmingplz:
Otama-Owl Dec 9, 2012  Student Writer
Hah, ok!
:iconmarisa4452:
Marisa4452 Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey ~Otama-Owl, if you love this girl, just do the ''Your Secret Admirer" thing to her
on Valentine's Day; when she finds out it's you, she'll fall for you.
:blush: Oops,did I give my secret on how to make a girl fall for you head over heels
again?!?!?!? :cries: :blushes: :faint:
Otama-Owl Dec 9, 2012  Student Writer
LOL Thanks I guess? XD
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Dec 6, 2012  Student Interface Designer
I completely agree with Aret on this one. Just set up a concrete plan of where and when you want to go out, and she should get the hint then (I would think).
I hope so XD thanks a lot!
:iconaret:
Aret Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
She's waiting for you to man up and fucken ask her on a date. You were the one that approached her, and now you want her to do all the work? That ain't how it goes. Plan a date, ask her to accompany you, take the fucken lead. I wouldn't want to date someone so half assed that they asked me out and then mumped around in the background for a month either.
Hey, I'm just trying to give her some space. O_O I mean, if you didn't want to go out with a guy, it would be awkward if he kept asking you out, right? Not to mention, she said she was confused, so... O_O
:iconaret:
Aret Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No, it would be awkward if he kept being like, "Hey, we should go out sometime" without ever actually suggesting a time or place. Also, she didn't say no, she said maybe. Clearly, undecided and confused as she is, she's waiting for you to take the lead here. Space is what you give people you're already dating, or if they specifically ask for it. What you're doing now is saying to her that you changed your mind about dating her and don't want to after all.
Add a Comment: