Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Tsunayoshi Sawade Cosplay: Guidance Needed

:iconruuku-kabe:
Ruuku-Kabe Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
this is my first time preparing for cosplay, so correct me if I'm doing something wrong or planning something wrong. I'm new to this so I'm bound to make mistakes.

Alright, so I'm going to a convention this coming March, and I was originally thinking of going as Ichigo Kurosaki, one of my favorite characters from Bleach, because of my natural hair color and my similar body type. But I've been thinking through it and I would much rather go as a character I've only just recently been introduced to: Tsunayoshi (Tsuna) Sawada, from Katekyo Hitman REBORN. ^_^

Since this is my first convention, I want to enter with a bang, so I want to do something legit with this cosplay. Of course, I'll be going as Tsuna in his Hyper Deathperation Mode (duh! :P). I'm already planning out the purchases I'll need to make, and I can get the contacts for around 10.00 bucks, and I'm thinking about getting a wig off ebay around 40.00 (it's white though, so I'll have to dye it).
The uniform will probably be really easy to tackle, since my mom is pretty good with sewing and it's a school uniform, so as long as I can get the patterns, that'll be a synch.

Here's the tricky part: I want to create the x gloves myself... and them be fireproof.
When I said I wanted to make a bang, I wasn't kidding. XP

So far I've found some gloves made from Carbon X that can withstand fire for a pretty good while. They can be edited and such pretty easily to be some average fingerless black gloves, and serve as a perfect base for the X-Gloves.

Here's where I'm tripped up: I'm trying to figure out what material I could use for the fingers and the emblem on top of the glove, whether it be from the original X-Gloves or from the Sky Ring Versions. It would pretty difficult to achieve the Sky Ring versions with a flame retardant material (even though it would look SICK nasty), so I may be sticking with the original versions.
SOOO.... I'm looking for a flame retardant material that can be somewhat crafted to work for the fingers, emblem, and cuff for the X-Gloves. If I can plot that out, I'll be golden... Mostly. Still trying to figure out how to handle the Deathperation flame on the forehead. :/

Anyways, if I could get some advice guys, that would be awesome! I may be jumping out into the blue trying to do an impossible cosplay, but I think it should be relatively doable. ^_^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconslave2karma:
A convention is NOT going to allow you in with live flame on your person. It's a safety hazard for yourself and other con-goers and will most definitely get you kicked out and possibly banned, even if you only light them up for half an hour. Thinking outside the box is great, but you need to be concerned about safety when it comes to conventions. ^_^
Really?... I didn't think flames on hand, especially if it was pre-planned and no one was in range enough to get burnt, would be a big deal. But I guess your right. :/
I have a lot of the material for ordinary x-gloves, aside from the wonderflex, so I guess I'll be an average cosplayer and make normal X-Gloves. Lol.
I may be having an art table there for one/two days as well so I guess It shouldn't be that big a deal anyways. ^_^
At a convention you have absolutely no control over people staying out of dangers range--conventions are notorious for fans running up and hugging/glomping without warning, and all it would take would be one overexcited fan girl with a cheap wig for everything to go up in smoke. Security is VERY careful when it comes to potentially dangerous props, don't risk getting kicked out on your first time. :D

Also, don't submit defeat and say you'll be just average without flames, just commit to making the best costume you can! :la:

And artist alley, right on! What you thinkin' of selling?
I'm thinking of taking commissions there, and if I can finish the first few sample pages for my manga, I'll be... finding some way to advertise besides giving out copies of the pages. That'd be pretty uber expensive. Lol. I'll probably give a link to my DA account and have people give me their name and email if they want to keep up to date on the manga. Something like a newsletter. ^_^

And I most certaintly won't be average. I'll think of something.>:)

If I can grow my hair a little longer/thicker I may can pull of the Tsuna dew with my own hair!..... maybe. Lol.
Right on, right on. :iconatnightplz:
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Dec 6, 2012
How about going out and eating at a restaurant? Or going to see a movie?
Umm..... This is relevant to the conversation..... how? Lol.
I'd rather be stupid and dangerous than boring and dull... Maybe that makes me an idiot, idk.

I'm aware this could be difficult, and I don't plan on running around all day with my hands on fire, but will be a nice add on if I can have the gloves have at least 30 minutes or less of fire resistance.

And honestly I'm not very afraid of getting burnt. XP
:iconkyteglory:
You're not doing an impossible cosplay, but you are doing an incredibly stupid and dangerous cosplay. Manufacturing flame-retardent equipment is not a job for amateurs, nor is playing with fire.
If you want to avoid third degree burns, then just make normal gloves, and don't use them to handle flames or sparks.
Add a Comment: