final achievement unlocked... Kay. What now?

Everyone has a dream in life, don't they? The reason they live?

I really don't enjoy life all too much and knew not to be too ambitious. It took seven years, but my only dream has actually come true and now I suddenly don't have any reason to strive for existance and nothing I honestly want as a new dream..

So what now?
Comments88
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, go get a new goal. There must be more what you're willing to do :D
Aim higher. What happened to your dream of owning a cafe? Publishing a book?
Kinda sounds like you need to sort some old stuff out first. I don't know what it is that is eating at you, but it will continue to eat if you let it.

There is probably something you want out of life, but you just think it's impossible. I don't know what that may be, but there's a chance that it's something that a LOT of people have done. And those people aren't any better than you. No one is better or more important than you.

I'm not ambitious either. A part of me actually didn't WANT to be successful because then my family would get to swagger around all smug, thinking they did something right. A part of me always kinda thought that if I turned into a suicidal loser, they'd learn some kind of "lesson".

But that shit gets old and the only person that ever suffered was me. You don't have to want a lot out of life. I don't see anything wrong with just making a small living and having more time to spend doing things you like.

If you feel that someone has wronged you, call them out on it. I wasted a lot of time hating people in secret. I'm making a lot of assumptions here, but I'd rather be wrong than take the chance you continue to suffer in silence...
No. They don't. The fact that you dream makes you forward-thinking. This is valuable. Both in business and in your personal life.
Dear nonexistent gods, this is depressing.

Try writing more, try finding better places to publicise it, try thinking about how you can improve on your story. Feedback shouldn't be limited to good/bad, it's really about improving your skills. You can write, so it's a start, but implicitly by starting you have the goal of improving. There is also, of course, life beyond your story. If you feel that the rest of your life is depressingly empty, you implicitly have the goal of making it less so. Most importantly, you have the goal of finding things you enjoy and doing them.

So you have goals, whether you like it or not, it's just a question of how you can aim to achieve them.
You can finally die now. Want me to help you with that? ;D
That would be wonderful, actually.
You have my permission.
Kay', get ready to eat 500 double chocolate cakes with calories that'll kill you in 1 sitting. And I wont be able to buy all the ingredients substitute the chocolate for something else
Oh man, poison?
I've tried that before, seems I'm immune. Damn it.
I was thinking feces but now I know poison is out of the question! damn everything :iconffuplz:
I think you need to become a super hero.
I'll go find a spider as soon as I can.
I read your other replies here and it's hilarious how your goal in life is to have someone read something you wrote without being asked to. :lol: I take it you didn't have teachers at school.
Correction: A story that I have written.
Perhaps that makes more sense?
New Goal: submit something to get published. There ya go! :hug:
Wonderful!
Thank you for the hug, as well.
try coming up with a new goal, such as jumping off a cliff
We don't have such things around here. Will a balcony do?
Flicking through your replies, it sounds to me more like you're depressed that the one person who read your story didn't like it. Soo, make it a goal to find someone who will read it and like it. That's a good next step, isn't it?
I thought of that!
The moment I did, I checked my messages and got one from a mysterious person who apparently reads the story and was amused by two of my favorite characters.

Weird.