Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

I've lost it.

:iconsodayaka:
Sodayaka Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I've lost all motivation. I don't feel like drawing or doing anything creative. I have no idea what to put in a picture anymore, or even how to execute it. Is this a compositional issue, or should I be consuming more creative things? I feel this idleness and lack of interest in drawing and painting..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
When we encounter art blocks, we can do one of two basic things: Take a break and pursue other hobbies for awhile, and see if your motivation comes back. Or force it until you draw so much shit that you get the motivation to do something good. The latter works for me much more that the former, but I know that taking a small break for a few days and listening to good music, reading books, watching movies, going out to different places, and spending time with friends etc. can fuel your creativity.
:icondaydawndusk:
DayDawnDusk Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I feel like you have a case of art block I think you should watch kiki's delivery service..
I'll check it out, I've heard of it.
:icondaydawndusk:
DayDawnDusk Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
seriously though, there's an artist that has major artblock in it.
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
i once discovered upon experimentation, that contrary to what one would think, rules and structure actually act as catalysts to creativity. so I would say try making some rules about your art, maybe that might kick start you back into more activity.
What do you mean?
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
when something is a game, it is funner. a game is defined by rules. so try making some rules about your creativity.

example:
the "reality is a fandom" art game.
1. go to a public place.
2. take a photograph of a person in that place.
3. choose a fandom you like, and a character from that fandom
4. redraw a scene based on that photograph featuring your fandom and character. turn the person into the character from the fandom. turn all the scenery into matching scenery.

boom, you have an art game.
:iconspongexd:
spongeXD Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Maybe try sometime completely un art related. Try jogging (or watching people jog, because let's face it, running is HARD).
Take a week long shower. Or just watch a REALLY good Tv show. Sometimes you just have to let it go and not worry about it so much. Eventually it will come back. Most of all though, I think it's important to still enjoy what you create, sometimes when you feel as if you're forcing it it becomes more like a chore, that you feel like you HAVE to keep creating something new, and that's just not good for you or your art.
Thanks for making me laugh! I'll definitely try to get out, I've been sitting down a little too much! xD
:iconspongexd:
spongeXD Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Sitting is the enemy! Try plenty of jumping jacks. Figure out what your favorite kind of dog is, and then just go on a hunt looking for people walking that dog and ask them if you can pet it.
Add a Comment: