Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

jumping into the unknown?

:iconb1ackskies:
b1ackskies Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
So yeah, I came up with this idea today. This brilliantly crazy idea.

I'm going to be getting a big tax return from the government. Woohoo. they owe me about $5,000. I could also sell my car which is valued around $4,000. Then I'd get my deposit from my rent back and I could put the other rent I don't have to pay (my last month's rent is already paid) and get another $1,000.

I fucking disdain the area I live in. I always have. I feel like I can't get along with anyone here and everyday I ask myself, I'm 22 years old, why the fuck am I still here. I was in college but I left because I did not like the major I was studying. Now I just work (I do like my job though) and pay my bills.

I had originally planned to return to college and stay in pa until that's done (for computer science) but now I'm seriously thinking of taking the $10,000 and packing my bags for nyc and fucking leaving. It's been my dream for a very very very long time (10 years) to move back to new york specifically nyc. I love everything about being there.

Is this a bad idea? Should I just finish college first? the thought of living in pennssylvania 4 more years to finish school .. is very nauseating to me. This place has already driven me to being on antidepressants so I don't jump off a goddamn bridge.

I do want a good job, with job security and stability, but fuck.

My friend lives in queens right now, has no qualifications at all, is a huge stoner and makes $25/hour.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnyanko-dono:
nyanko-dono Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I say go for it!

Honestly, I would say either have a place to stay in, money for 3 months rent, and ideally maybe even have a job lined up before you go. Key would be knowing where you want to be before you leave. You can job hunt and room hunt before you even live in another state (the joys of phones and email!).

I think you have a very respectable dream to pick up your life and go where you'll be happy :)
:iconsolarlunix:
SolarLunix Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012   Traditional Artist
The cost of living in NYC is like really huge, you might want to try a suberb or something so that you're not blowing all your money. You might also wanna keep the car.
b1ackskies Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Why would i want to keep the car if i'm living in ny? :/
like I said live in the suberbs where it's cheeper... ^^;
you still don't need a car and the suburbs in ny aren't really any cheaper.
Sorry, just a thought, you're the one who's done the research, not me. I'm content here in the lower portion of PA until I finish school XD
well i know what it's like there but i've still never done anything like this.
SolarLunix Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Traditional Artist
There's always a first time for everything.

Flip a coin, "do I stay or do I go?" make it a high flip, and as it's in mid-air, what side you hope it lands on is the side you should do regardless of what it lands on, because at that coin starts to fall you realize what you really want to do/want to happen.
:iconnightshade255:
Nightshade255 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
save the 9 grand, get a job in flat roofing (I work for 18 bucks an hour with no qualifications) and keep building that nest egg. Ive worked for half a year now and saved 6000 bucks for my education, so it wont take long to get a good sum of money saved up. In that time, you can change a few aspects of your life and plan shit out in the long run
What exactly is flat roofing? o-o I think I would face discrimination as a female going into construction? I'm not really built for that kind of work.
Add a Comment: