Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 27

Family having money trouble, I wanna help do something.

:iconhridya:
Hridya Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My family is having some troubles with money (bills etc.) My mom is the only one working, my dad is looking for a job. It's lot of money, and I'm only in highschool, but I wanna help by doing something. Do you have any ideas of what I can do? I've started commissions, but currently no on has ordered any :( I know for a fact that we are not going to be having any presents for Christmas this year, but maybe I can help a little...My parents do so much for me, I just want to help them.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Hridya Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you for all your responses! I feel better now >W<
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Do you have any younger kids in your house? I get presents for my daughter through Toys for Tots, we sign up at the school.

Commissions are hard at first, once you start getting work it gets easier.

It's kinda close to Christmas, but some stores may still be hiring holiday help. Mall work is usually pretty easy and can be fun, and you can make some money.
:icontwillyane:
Twillyane Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist
Write a good all-around job application and a short CV and go on a part-time job searching spree! That's the first thing you could do, and I'd also recommend what Glori305 said: Put up a poster or two at your local shopping places with a "hey, I'm this-and-this old and would like to babysit your children. I work for this-and-this wage, and are free at this-and-this time"...
It's worked really well for those of my friends who've done that (:
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Babysit kids.

I made more money babysitting kids than I made at my first job, on a per hour basis.

It is not steady or predictable work, but now is a great season to get into it, as lots of people need babysitters for holiday stuff, and so their "regular" babysitter is probably going to be very busy.

Just put fliers up in the local grocery store etc.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
What about working part-time? That's what I do to take care of myself since I was 15. Money troubles suck. I wish you all the best.
:iconasher12:
Asher12 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Why don't you take paypal commission :( This would help
You gotta be 18+ to make paypal account :(
Really ?? well that's just bad luck ...
I know, right?
Yeah ...

Irrelevant question ; why did you rewatch me ??
Add a Comment: