Friendship Advice?

Well you see, I started high school a couple months ago. Now, going to a very small school, everyone knows each other, or at least each other's names. Having a twin sister, added with being short and somewhat "cute," I have become rather popular at my new school. Many of the upperclassmen (juniors and seniors) have taken a liking to me as a friend because of my rather high intellectual mindset. A lot of them (most of which are in relationships) have said I'm cute, adorable, and a really fun person. However, there's this one junior who I've talked to briefly maybe once before, who I really like and want to at least be friends with. But, alas, I'm really shy and very socially awkward, and I have trouble talking to/starting conversations with people, especially people I've barely even met. Is there anyone who could possibly give me advice on talking to this person? Or maybe a way to get this person to notice me? I would really appreciate any kind of help.
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Rub your boobs on his face.
That'll get his attention.
Look over their shoulder when they're reading or working and ask what they're working on, that can be a valid opener for conversation. Or just pop up and talk to them on facebook or something, computers can give a veneer of distance and make it seem less daunting.
Gosh what a good idea. Thanks! :D
Hm either get to know someone who knows him or well, take a deep breath and approach him yourself...there aren't many ways around this, lol.
Yeah I guess you're right v u v
(I totally dont know you sarahh) So What this asian would do is just have your friends introduce you to other friends, worked like a charm for me. Also I legitly got over this this year (took 6 years to get pasted through) and it just takes time. but Hit me up and I shall mend this broken wound brothern
Give me a name and I could assist you in this affair.
I would prefer help from someone who doesn't know me. So like. Anonymous help. I fear if you found out who it was you'd pester them and me about it.

but I appreciate it though c:
Whatever you say deary. Just know that wanting to do something and not doing it is the worst thing to (not) do. Especially in high school.
Well then I'll end this with an offer. If you don't mind, just drop me a message and I'll help you out. As weird as I am, I can keep secrets and not bug you about it. The choice is up to you.
Tell somebody that you like that particular person. If your school is like any other school that shit will fly around in no time. It'll get the ball rolling.
Oh okay. I guess I could give that a try...thanks.
You're really shy and socially awkward, yet you're super popular at your school
Well it's not like I go up and talk to people. People talk to me, and my shyness and vulnerability is something people are fond of, apparently. And my school is so small that everyone knows who everyone is...so in a way...everyone's popular? Does that make sense...? :o
Yeah. I had a small school. But I didn't become quasi-popular until I "came out of my shell" (I really hate that term but it's applicable here). But I can understand your situation

If you actually are really interested in becoming friends with this person, you should ask yourself why you want to, I think. Is it based off of common interests, or are you just curious about this person because they act differently from the rest of the people you know?
Ah I see. It is for both reasons. I have common interests and friends with this person but at the same time want to know more about them.
Hmm. If they aren't approaching you then you really need to work up the courage to approach them, it seems. Which is your whole problem :/
I try, but I have trouble working up courage. v.v But thanks for the advice. I'll just keep trying. :)
At least you have friends at school vmv