Closed to new replies
December 1, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Extracurricular Activities

:iconparadoxicalfang:
paradoxicalfang Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
So I'm trying to find and make new friends because a few that I have right now...well just really don't put forth the effort anymore to do anything. Only got one that really hangs out anymore at least once a week and two seemingly dropped off the face of the planet. So I've turned to looking to extracurricular things to do, but I'm not sure where or how I should go about looking in to these things.

I'd be interested in finding something like an anime club or something locally, but this area is rather dry for that kind of stuff. I'd really enjoy finding like an improv theater group or maybe role play group. Even maybe a fun class on cooking or something too, but I think that'd involve actually going back to college and using quite a bit of money.

Any ideas?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnehszriah:
Nehszriah Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
You know, I've kinda felt like I need to get out more too. At least nine out of the ten times I go out it's with you and the guys, which isn't a bad thing but that just shows you how often I actually leave my house. :I

...but I digress.

They have classes through Macomb at the Assumption Cultural Center, if I remember correctly (those might be cheaper than actual Macomb classes too). There's also a bunch of stuff that they do down at the library. I've got a city committee you could join (*shot*). I know about acting groups in the area as well, but I'm not sure if any of them improv (I've got a cousin who likes it at least, so worst comes to worst there's three of us). There's stuff out there; you just have to find it.
paradoxicalfang Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Hm, if you want, we could maybe check in to that stuff sometime because I'd only feel slightly awkward going to that stuff by myself. Then again, when has that stopped me on doing something that's fun.
Nehszriah Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Dude, you're one of my best friends. I'd love to, and killing awkwardness is a bonus.
paradoxicalfang Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
The awesome will blot out the sun. Do you know if those classes are on the MCC website or anything?
Nehszriah Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Some Continuing Education classes are up on the MCC website, but I just took a quick scan and it doesn't look like most are worth while. Ice Sculpting might if there are chainsaws involved... actually, ONLY if chainsaws are involved.
paradoxicalfang Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Chainsaws have to involve zombies. Oh and that acting one might be interesting.
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Well, I don't really know the area you're from, but is there a local community center that offers classes or activities? Or maybe some sort of crafts store that offers activities (I've seen some ads for that at places like Joann fabrics)? What about local comic/anime conventions, perhaps you could try attending some of those?
paradoxicalfang Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Good ideas, I'll have to check like my library and the like. I've seen Jo Anne's as well before too. I feel there's nothing around here in Michigan sadly =/. I've only gone to one convention per year. Maybe I should start going to more even if its just for a day.
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Where in Michigan are you from, if you don't mind my asking? I'm actually from a suburb in the Metro Detroit area, and I know for certain we at least have a Neighborhood club there.
paradoxicalfang Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
From Saint Clair Shores here.
Add a Comment: