November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

It is normal?

:iconzuzuellin:
zuzuellin Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I'll try and make this short.

Since last month, my friend ask me out. Now, I've been friends with him for 8 years. And not like acquaintance friends, like actual best friends since about the 3rd grade. Since high school we've grown distant kind of since we both go to different high schools. But in May he and my best friend who also goes to his school spent our summer break together.
To be honest, this is actually my first time in a relationship with anyone. And I'm kind of confused. Whenever we hang out or spend time together, it just seems really distant as well. My one friend said that 'we have the most awkward relationship' she's ever seen. Other people have told me that it's a good thing that we're awkward around each other because it shows it'll last.
But I don't know - is it normal?
Or not normal, since normal is vague. But is it a good thing so-to-speak?
I know it's only been a month, but I feel self-conscious about this.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconninick-the-demon:
ninick-the-demon Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
The best thing to do is probably to talk to him about this.

And yes it's normal, relationships are not all the same, some people are closer to each other, some are not at all.

Ask him how he sees it :).
:iconalalampone:
alalampone Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student General Artist
relationships always start out pretty uncomfortable and awkward at first
as long as you like him I'd say stick with him for a while
you'll warm up to each other and it won't be so awkward then
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012   Digital Artist
Go with it.
Unless your friend who tell you that this is "the weirdest thing" is a fucking adult, what the fuck do they know.
:iconhamki:
hamki Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Daww~

Don't worry~ this just means you two will last for a long time!

Taking it slow reinforces relationships!

I was once in a 5 year relationship and that is how we began...heck..I couldn't even tell my partner "Hi"
for the first 2 years without stuttering.

Try talking more, if you think he's being distant in a bad way, however, you should talk
to him about it.
:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
Well, depend. What are you guys feels awkward about? Do you guys feels awkward being together because each of you already used to your new friends? Or what?:iconhuhemote--plz:
zuzuellin Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I'm not really sure :iconorzplz:
:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Then you guys aren't getting used with each other anymore. Apparently. You guys should probably do something. Go somewhere or, I don't know. Maybe swim at the pool and have fun or eat.
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I'm in my first relationship too, so I know exactly what you're going through (it doesn't help that I'm a slightly awkward person). I'd just take it slow: trying to force it might just make it way more awkward.
:iconalleyinc:
AlleyInc Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What exactly do you mean by "awkward"? Do you mean that you guys don't act as you usually do around each other?
zuzuellin Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Yes. Sort of.
I'm not really sure how to explain it. Maybe more like uncomfortable is a better way to put it.
Add a Comment: