Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 56

I want to get angry....

:iconthemarcher:
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I have a little problem. I never get angry, not on the outside anyways. I keep my bad feelings cooped up inside and I worry to much about the consequences.
This makes people walk all over me at times.
Anyone else have these problems?

I just want to say what I really feel to some peoples face when they piss me off.
I very rarely do that and I think it would give me a lot more respect if I did.

I always earned my respect by being nice and friendly but that does just not work with some people.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrendjur:
rendjur Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
I know exactly how you feel. It was horrible for me throughout high school. I never spoke my mind, and despite the fact people wronged me, I would still say nothing. In fact, I would feel guilty -- the idea that I was inconveniencing them.

But it's something you need to deal with. Keeping your emotions pent up inside isn't good, though. For me, I think a lot of these bad feelings got cooped up inside and stayed with me when I went to college. Whenever I was under a lot of stress (eg. studying for exams) I would lash out. Someone would say one little thing, make one little noise, and I would just spazz and go nuts. But you know, it's really tiring. I eventually learned to just try to speak my mind more and as a result, I don't spazz out as much, and I feel better emotionally, too.

And the thing is, it's not necessarily about BEING ANGRY RAAAH HULK SMASSSHHH. I think if you feel like someone has wronged you, or said something incredibly stupid, just say what is on your mind in a calm manner. There is a difference between speaking your mind and being angry, you know? Because if you do get angry like WAHKHWEWEEEAA, I feel like people might interpret that as being a whiny baby. But if you can get your point across sternly, but calmly, I think people know not to cause shit with you.

I know it's easier said than done, but that might be something to consider? It's a bit scary at first when you speak your mind and you're not used to it (at least it was for me), but I think once you do it a few times...it can definitely offer you some relief. It's okay to speak your mind, you know?
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Yes that is what I am trying to achive, just finding the middle way of speaking my mind when upset. I don't want the HULK SMASH thing. I did work as a demolisher for a little while though. Good way to get a little HULK SMASH and get paid to do it =)
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Filmographer
i too know that feel, m8. :(

from what i've gathered, people tend to react and stop doing stupid shit when the person being bothered expresses it. However, i too find myself unwilling to accept the consequences of disagree with a person's harmful actions.

However, a couple days ago, i did tell this one dude who kept running his hands over my backpack to cut that shit out. I was surprised when he didn't put up a fight and stopped. (it seems that people aren't expecting people to express active disagreement, and when surprised, go into 'obedience mode' by default.)

I'm still feeling that feel, but not as bad as before. hopefully, this observation from someone in a similar situation helps you out.
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Well I did something like that to. Like ten years back we were sitting a bunch of guys in a minivan. The guy sitting behind me was flicking me in the back of the head and it was annoying as hell. I told him to quit it a few times. But he did not so I teared up a plane ticked I had in my pocket in to confetti and threw it at him. The bunch of stiff paper did not spread out though. It was like a small paper throwing star and it hit him in the eye. Well e got insanely pissed of course, and he had noooo problem acting out his rage. So I got hit hard in the back of my head twice.

No moral to the story, this was when i was in the military so it ended up in meeting and hearings and it came to nothing in the end. It all just ran out in the sand.
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Martial arts can be a big help in learning to express anger. Boxing is good too (even if you only train with props).
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
It is the best, to train yourself in to utter exhaustion really gets the endorphines flowing =)
:icono0christina0o:
o0Christina0o Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist
go into the forest and sream as loud as you can
I have good outlets for anger. It is just that I need to stand up to more agressive people that is an issue for me.
:icono0christina0o:
o0Christina0o Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist
find the reason why you dont like those people and tell them...?
It sounds so easy here, but I tend to get locked up when i get upset and nothing comes to me. And when I calm down I am no longer angry and have no need to say anything about it....
Add a Comment: