Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Is he interested in me or is he just socially awkward?

:iconroxettethefox:
roxettethefox Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I changed schools two months ago and I've been getting along great with this guy with whom I had friends in common. The thing is, he is rather... shy if you want to put it that way. At least he's known for being shy and sometimes quite awkward.
Ever since the start, he's been quite nice to me and that seems to be something weird since he's known for being quite mean at times, especially with girls. To my eyes, he seems like a nice guy. Anyway, he's been doing things like asking for back and arm massages during class, talking about his sex life with me (which I don't mind since I'm quite open with that subject) and I've often caught him looking at me from the other side of the room. Also, he always seems to appear out of nowhere and whenever he passes by he seems to have physical contact with me or at least say hi. The thing is, I really don't know if he's interested in me or not since I am quite affectionate with most of my male friends, but I don't know if he just wants to have something with me or he simply sees me as a friend since we have tons of things in common... we usually meet before school since we take the same bus and we usually talk on the way to school...
That's when I ask you guys... have you ever had an experience like this? most people claim he must like me, but I doubt so since he claims to have quite a conservative taste in women while I pretty much don't look like those girls at all.

Sorry for the text-wall D: aaaand for my crappy English, it's not my first language lol

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Maybe he is just socially awkward. Because im that way as well whenever a girl starts talking to me. Im sometimes the "man of few words" type.
roxettethefox Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That was my guess, too... But he doesn't seem like a man of few words, he actually talks a lot when he's with me.
Ah i see. Perhaps try to get into his mind more. And see what he is truly like and why he acts that way.
That's what I guess I'll do
Good luck ;)
:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Artist
Well to be perfectly honest, he sounds kind of creepy to me. But I'm really not anyone to judge... my record is far from spotless, and I think someone might have just written it on blotter paper. In any case, in my experience, if he's straight and sorta creepy, he wants to explore your dark places. Men are easy. Go for it.
haha, straight and sorta creepy, I like that definition. People tend to tell me he's creepy, but to me he seems completely sweet.
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
You could always wait until you get more proof, he will show more within time, and someday you will be sure about his intentions and what he thinks about you. It's true that we are all different and these days it's hard to discern a couple because I know, I see, and I'm also one of those whom happen to have a guy as best friend and get along very well and you might think that we are together if you see us out :S (okay we are not kissing or anything xD but still..) it's just that we are comfortable with each other.

He could like you, but he could also be comfortable around you. You could always ask him and make a joke about it (to not sound stupid), or you could wait until the truth reveals itself and gather the required courage that is needed to speak to him :)
Whenever I do slight jokes hinting those things, he usually sort of blanks out and gets all shy for a few seconds, so I guess I could take that as a "yes"?
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
yeah that's how I would interpret it, if he is not a special case XD
Add a Comment: