Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

What should I say?

:iconomi-arisu:
Hi.

There is a girl on tumblr who is threatening to harm herself. She is only 17. I reposted a journal that encourages people to give her support, but she just seems really depressed and resolved.

I told her not to kill herself. I don't know what else to say. Does any one have any experience with this sort of thing? What else can I do?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Well, don't mean to get you more frightened, but this is some serious case bro. You should go and talk to her (personally if possible) about whatever's wrong. Be a caring friend and cheer her up and listen to her too. I'm not an expert at this but, this is the least way to make her stop doing something bad for herself. But if she does end up doing something that makes you won't be able to see her again, don't feel stress and blamed for it, you were there for her anyway (unless you weren't). Remember that. "Life is a gift" you know.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
Nothing. That's it.
:iconbagam:
Bagam Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
17? She won't kill herself. I doubt she even got the guts to cut herself.
She just wants attention.
if she just wants attention that's the best case scenario. I hope you're right. ^_^ Thanks for the comment.
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Offer to talk to her about whatever is wrong.
Be kind and caring and listen.
And don't beat yourself up if she does end up doing it.

Adding a bit to what Self-Epidemic said, even if she IS doing it for attention, she obviously needs attention!
Be glad shes asking/seeking attention now before its too late :C
Yes, that's true. Thank you so much for your comment. I'll take it to heart when I msg her again. :heart:
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I hope you can help her to overcome this. Its a horrible addiction.
:iconmarx-man:
MARX-MAN Nov 28, 2012  Professional Artist
...no to drugs!

DAMMIT PROPAGANDA!!!
Oh wait there is a thread here...

Errm, you should probably give her some perspective... Perhaps you should tell her there is a 2/5 chance that the scars will never heal properly and that she will have to live with the scars and become embarrassed about them so if she is going to cut herself she might as well do it properly.

At least then you will probably weed out whether or not she is serious about ending her life...
lol good philosophy
--
Oh I hadn't thought of that, appealing to her vanity may help. ^^ //not too sure about the last part// but Thankyou :D
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Nov 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
She is doing it for attention. Don't give it too her and the threats will end.
Add a Comment: