When is a good age to start seeking relationships?

Hey, my name is Cody. I'll try to keep this as short as I can.

I've always wondered when a good age to start seeking relationships? I'm currently 15 (16 on Nov 30) and in the middle of my Sophomore year. Getting Drivers license and job soon. A lot of Middle school and High School Relationships aren't taken very seriously between people. Also, me being a Homosexual makes it a little tougher. But I just wanted to hear what you guys think is a good relationship seeking age? I was think around the end of HS, but that feels like a long tine from now.

-Cody
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
i have liked peplz, but i is in the middle schools and i believe that relationships are for da highschools, so ya :3
there's always that moment when you feel it's right. some get started way up into their 30s, others start in middle/grade school. another moment is, when you can afford to date and not rely on your parents ;)
I will definitely go for it when it feels right. I hit 16 tomorrow, so once my parents get back from LaJolla, CA, I'm going to head out and get some more driving time so I can get my license, and then a job right after that. :meow: So that will be good money to afford going out :D

Thank you very much for your comment! Cute Icon :meow:
thanks for liking my icon I like bunnies ! and it's better to focus on yourself before venturing out and getting into a relationship. have fun, you still got plenty of time to enjoy other things which life has to offer, no since in rushing life
I will, thanks again. ^^
When you don't need to "seek" a relationship and simply fall in love is when you'll know.
Good way of putting it, short and simple xD

Thank you :meow:
I would say the age you are when you start high school and/or get a job. That would vary for everyone. A general age I'd say would be 14.
Thanks. Lol I'll be getting my license real soon and a job right after that, that sounds like now xD

Thanks for your comment, it's much appreciated :meow:
You're very welcome! XD

Yeah, I'm almost 16 (in high school) and I could have a job if I wanted, but I can't get my license until I'm 17 or so. XD

You;re welcome again! :la:
3 years old.

OH you meant a serious answer! Um, probably 15 in my opinion haha.
Well I'm hitting 16 in a day, but I've decided that I will be at least 17 or 18 (end of HS, Beginning of College) before I go seeking serious relationships, I want to make sure the mate that I Do get in a relationship with will be in the same area as me, or me to them. :meow:
That's a good idea in my opinion!
good to see that there's still people that aren't obsessed with love XD
Since you're gay you're allowed to start dating later, I wouldn't recommend dating in high school unless you're absolutely you'll be safe because very bad things happen to gay students in high school.
Yeah, unfortunately bad things do happen, but I'm not currently hiding who I am to my school. And our administration has no tolerance for bullying.
Welllllllll you can pretty much start dating when you're comfortable. Pretty much these relationships in high school will 99% of the time lead to nothing in the long term, but you'll learn how to act (or not act) in a relationship. Learn to fool around, spend large quantities of time with a person that isn't your family. You should also look up statutory rape laws in your state, you're never too young to be labeled a sex offender. States have been known to lock up a 15 year old for having sex with his 14 year old gf.
Other than that, have fun, don't be passive aggressive, and use a condom.
I don't want to get THAT serious before 18, no don't worry. I follow the law. xP
just make alot of friends and see where it goes.

and itll only be a good relationship if u have an amazing self esteem
cuz in order to love others you need to love yourself.
To be honest, my self esteem goes back and forth, but I've never taken it out on my friends or anything. I got some good friends, but I don't honestly think I'll be in a (serious) relationship till my senior year of HS or after.
I don't think you should worry about it, just let it come when the time is right. There is no 'right' age.
Okay :meow: Thanks ^^