Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Should I get a new tablet pen?

:iconbleedlings:
bleedlings Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Putting this in help with life because 1. I don't know where else to put it, and 2.this has to do with my emotions etc.

I've been thinking of saving up $30 to get a new pen for my tablet. However, I don't know if I want to do this. I've been jumping back and forth between enjoy and feeling depressed/sad about my art. I finally have settled in to my digital art and I think I may want to buy the pen. For me (I'm 13 with no job) the money is a lot. I don't know if I want to shell out the cash, wait til Christmas or just stick with a track pad. I just want some opinion because this has a lot to do with my mental state. I get easily stressed out and a lot of anxiety when I'm not happy with something or if I have absolutely no money.

TL;DR I'm not sure whether or not to get a new tablet pen because it may affect me emotionally.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
you should be using your art as an outlet for expressing your emotions. I'd say get the tablet pen and focus on art when you're feeling emotional, just to see what comes of it.
:iconag-08:
AG-08 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012   Digital Artist
No. Waste of money. Just buy a video game or something that you're into which can inspire you to draw. A regular tablet pen is really all you need. If you're unhappy with its appearance, maybe try coloring the actual pen to make it your own unique custom one.
bleedlings Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's what I want to get, a regular tablet pen :I
The pen itself is broken. The nib got stuck in and no matter how hard I try it wont come out.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
A tablet pen is effecting you, emotionally?

Read that again.

No one LIKES their art, seriously, you just man it, practise, and hope you improve. You should just do it, because you enjoy it. Either get the pen, and enjoy art, or, go back to paper and pencil and when you want to draw, spend that damn 30 dollars and go digital.
No, my art is and can effect me emotional:shrug:

And in my opinion, it's not art if you yourself can't like how it looks to an extent. I want the tablet pen because I feel I can add more detail to my art.

Probably will get it haha.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
I'd wait until Christmas, but I'm a cheapskate. It's only a month, and you can still practice with a pencil in the meantime.
If your pad has a 'touch' setting, you can still use it without the pen, you'll just be missing some of the functionality.

I think you should definitely GET the pen, but I think you'll be able to make it until Christmas!
Thanks for the advice :'D
I'll probably wait until Christmas because I'm also a big cheapskate.
Add a Comment: