Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 59

What is love like..?

:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I'm 22, and in all my years I have not ever dated anyone before. I don't know why, and I never questioned it that much for why I'am this way. I know there was a few times maybe a couple of co-workers caught looks on me but they never said anything out directly because I never approach anybody to ask the "Will you date me?" question so to speak, lol. But anyways I'm not like that. I think I even have less on emoticons on how I can feel for somebody...I dont think I'll ever be with anybody. I dont know if I'll even be good at it I mean...but what I do know is that if you love someone, you have to be able to protect them, love them, etc.

But do I even know what it feels like? I'm not sure if I can even feel for anybody even if I dont know what love is...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student General Artist
THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION LADIES AND GENTS! *drumroll*
What is LOVE? :dummy:

Okay... love is different for everyone. Cliche, yes, but that's true.
It's like a really addictive drug; you have it, you feel like the top of the world.
... and when you don't, you just want to jump off a cliff.

I think it's completely fine that you haven't dated anyone yet, despite your age. I think the reason is you are completely content on your own, which is great, independent and all.

But really? Do you ever feel alone? Lonely? Empty? Missing?

Start going out and make new friends. But also remember to chill and no rushing to it. You can't force attraction, you can't force feelings, you can't force love.

So it will hit you one day like a brick hitting your head out of the blue. It will. K?
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Love is different for everyone. You won't find a single true answer.

Personally, for me, love is all-consuming. It makes me happy, it makes me sad, it makes me cry, it makes me laugh... it all depends on the day, but love enhances every damn feeling I have. Right now, I am not in love, but I'm broken-hearted. So it feels this way for me.
:iconmuurin:
Muurin Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
same here..i never experienced any of those love stuff.

im already 22 single since birth
i was thinking that maybe its because im too fat to attract someone,too childish or too shy haha
and also, im an introvert and i suck at conversations. the most common people who are always in a relationship are the bubbly ones.. well im emotionless most of the time.

a friend told me, just wait and it will come to you someday.
:icongingerontheinside:
gingerontheinside Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Fun:3 Love is fun with another person, it's abrand of fun produced by that person, it's the fun, that you can only have with that person, that is what love is...Fun
:iconremnantwolf:
RemnantWolf Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I am 22 and never dated anyone. I know society tells us that such things are weird and should be frowned upon, fact is they are not weird.

The fact that you say you have not really questioned why before tells me that it isn't an inability to socialize or that you are some sort of repellent to people, but that you are simply content with yourself. And I can tell you that is quite a good thing. You are able to make yourself happy, and don't rely on others to dictate your feelings.

I know someone who after breaking up with his girlfriend had to move back in with family because he just couldn't handle dictating his own life. He never goes out, tries new things, tries to meet people. It drives me nuts because he was on a collage campus with lots of activities to do, and I am stuck at home most nights because there is nowhere to go where I live (and no money to do anything with...) But despite having multiple girlfriends, a room with one of his best friends on a busy collage campus (He could have gone to a free lecture by David Letterman and OPERA! But instead he called home to complain how lonely he was). he fails to find any amount of happiness because he puts his whole self confidence and personal view of himself in his relationships.

Sorry for the rant... It's just he has dragged everyone around him through his mopey little world for the past few months and I'm getting a little tired of it.

OK back to my point. You are doing just fine. Better than fine, there are quite a few people who would love to be able to find the kind of self contentment you have, you don't feel the need to have a relationship, you are happy with yourself. How you are feeling now isn't because you are incapable of love, you are simply over thinking why you haven't been IN love yet. That hollow robotic feeling isn't an inability to love, it is just self doubt because you haven't felt it yet, trust me, I've been there. It's you looking through your life and wondering why you've missed a step. But there are no steps to love in reality. Despite what the media or society says, it happens when it happens, not when you hit age X or Y.

Will you find love someday? Well that's not for me to say. What I can say is that if you do, you will be in a much healthier relationship than many people. You will fall in love because you are with someone you want to be with, not just to fill a social quota. You are likely to find love through friendship, and I think that is much better than being forced into it by some pseudo social obligation or a simple crush. You will find someone you want to make happy, and who you honestly believe will make you happier for playing a bigger role in your life.
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Thanks. The end of your comment really got to me in a very good way... :)
Its true. Im not ever eager to start a relationship at all. Hell, i wont even be the one to decide it when i find someone i like be ill be respectful of the will of others to not push things at all.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
Do you have a pet? If you have a pet, and you love it to death, I'm sure you can feel love for a human being.
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Thats different. I just cant feel for others. Like starting a relationship is what i can not feel for someone.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
Don't force it. Bonds happen naturally. To me, trying to love someone, is like trying to enjoy a food that you really don't like the taste of. As much as you want to like it, it just doesn't work.
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
True.
Add a Comment: