Details

Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 229
:iconb1ackskies:
b1ackskies Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
So yeah I was pretty much raped 2 days ago. I met this guy at a place that sells bubblers/hookah pipes/etc and I just came in to check out the prices on their hookah pipes. He was the only employee there and he started talking to me immediately. we hit it off fast and he is also an artist so we started talking about art. We stood there talking for about an hour and I thought he was really cool. We exchanged numbers.

Later he texts me, asking "Are you single?" I don't want to date anyone right now but I told him the truth which was yes.

so he decides to ask me out to chill at his place later than night. I dress up a bit in a shirt that shows off some cleavage. didn't think it was a big deal. I normally won't go to an unfamiliar guy's house alone but he's around my age and I'm pretty lonely these days because people in PA don't like leaving their houses or hanging out. I also trust my own judgement. So I went. Turns out he's a huge stoner (no surprise) There's 2 of his other male friends there and they're cool. We're passing a bong around and taking hits. In 10 minutes I'm very "intoxicated." he also gave me a bit of hash which was my first time doing it so I was woozy.

His friends leave. So now we're alone and just talking. Soon he's got his arm around me and we're cuddling. This is fine. This I don't really mind. I'm trying to focus on the movie but i don't know what the hell it's about. He spends a few minutes talking about being in the army, being in california, working at the shop, and whatever else. He decides it's more comfortable to lie down with me laying ontop of him. This I don't really mind either.

I'm not sure what happened in between this but soon he's kissing me. I very quickly become uncomfortable. I don't like the way he kisses. Feels wrong for some reason. But I try to enjoy it despite the nagging in the back of my head. Soon he's feeling me up. I tell him stop, I don't want to have sex. He laughs and says for me to calm down that that's not going to happen.

So he begins touching me more despite promising we're not going to have sex. I'm stoned but still very uncomfortable. When he puts his hand on my breasts or on my ass I pull it off, not with much force because I'm high, and I kept saying "we shouldn't do this" but he continues. Skipping ahead. I keep telling him to stop things keep going further... and yeah. Use your imagination.

After it was done I high tailed it out of there and went to work, which he made me late for because he wouldn't fucking stop when i asked. I was a lot more sobered up at this point.

I'm not sure how to feel? I feel like this whole thing is my fault but I'm also flamingly pissed at this guy. I told him how I felt about what happened and he said he was very very sorry. IDk. I feel so cheap. And like I don't want to be around guys for a long ass time. o_o

Devious Comments

:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
:lock: Locked by user request.
:iconzombie-goldfish:
zombie-goldfish Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I do understand what would have been going though your mind at the time, having been in a similar (but not as serious) situation myself years ago.
Hopefully you've learned from this mistake and it doesn't happen again.
Maybe you could speak to a counselor and find out if there is any action you can safely take about this?
:iconfalconstrife86:
falconstrife86 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I'm sorry, but this reads like a teenager's badly written angst story.

1) You met a guy who you seemed to like and made a point of sexualizing yourself for his sake.
2) Despite barely knowing him you willingly did drugs with him with no concern for your wellbeing.
3) You claim that you said no, and yet you continued to participate in precursor sexual activity, including mounting him.
4) You had the presence of mind to think his kissing sucked and worry more about work than your wellbeing, as well as was physically capable of putting a stop to it, and yet you still imply that you actively participated.
5) Rather than seeking out a community/group focused on support for victims, you chose a forum that you knew would spark controversy and drama.

I'm calling bullshit on the rape claim. Based on all of your posts, I'm guessing you're either mad because he sucked or you made the entire story up to fill some sick desire to be the centre of a dramafest.
:iconb1ackskies:
b1ackskies Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
It's funny because if this was a lie which I wish it was, I would have made it much more convincing and posted it on an anonymous account.
:iconsheridan-j:
Sheridan-J Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Careful....the circle-jerk is strong in this thread...
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
dear deviantart:

Unhelpful much?
:iconfacepalmplz:

dear b1ackskies,
I am not an expert about rape, but here is a website which gives some advice which seems good to me.
[link]

also, I wish to apologize for the behavior of 50% of deviantart. :[ not cool. And I hope that you get through this ok.
:iconoh-cherie-cherie:
Oh-Cherie-Cherie Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
That's rape. I mean, it sounds like you've talked to him about it, and I honestly don't think reporting it would get you anywhere, because of the drugs and such.
Oh, man, that's hard. Do you want to get counseling, maybe?
:iconmarx-man:
MARX-MAN Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Artist
What a time to have no popcorn.

This thread is like a cluster-fuck of bad advice and foot-shooting.

I will keep this short.
  1. It's going to be hard to get a conviction if he pleads the 5th
  2. The drug use makes it even harder because it undermines your testimony to an extent.
  3. Consent is not an issue with drug involvement as consent cannot be given under the influence of drugs! (You were being raped even if you said yes.)
  4. The circumstances leading up to the suspected rape are pretty dire.
  5. Voluntary intoxication isn't a defence for assaulting somebody, let alone raping them.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, a date-rape drug is any drug that loosens your inhibitions including hash and alcohol, in fact alcohol is the number 1 date rape drug as all sexual encounters under the influence of alcohol are actually rape, as highlighted in the earlier comment.

With that all said and out of the way.

I want you to think about this small chain of logic.

You were lonely, so you gave a guy who gave you a 'strong come on' some face time and got sexually assaulted, you then think that guys aren't worth your time, until you get lonely again...

Then what, repeat?

Make a change, find a guy you like and take things steady, it makes you less vulnerable to people like the guy you mentioned in your post and stops the cycle from repeating.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
This sounds really fake
:iconfalconstrife86:
falconstrife86 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Agreed, ~FerricPlushy.
Add a Comment: