Details

Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4
:iconjrxx:
JrXX Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I started college this year, but have found out (granted: a little late) that I don't really like the subjects so much.. I have poked around a bit, everyone keeps telling me that it's normal for the 1. year to be boring.. I have, however, looked at the subjects that is on my schedule in the 2. year as well. None of them seems interesting either, in addition it's really starting to turn into an ordeal to go to lectures since I don't find them interesting and I don't really understand much that's being said. Not understanding a thing and feeling like a freeloader on projects is starting to be very demotivational..

So.. I have come up with three possibilities for myself:
a) Try to endure the subjects and finish the studies in the hope that it gets interesting.
b) Just quit after the finals in christmas since it's making me unhappy, then get some work to pay off some of the loans and start studying something else after the summer.
c) finish this year (so that I can start on the 2. year if I change my mind) and switch studies after summer.

What to do?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconarmonah:
Armonah Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
"I have poked around a bit, everyone keeps telling me that it's normal for the 1. year to be boring.."

This is both true and also completely irrelevant, the first year is also when you find out whether or not you like what you're studying. Well, you found out. Your problem isn't that the first year just isn't challenging enough, you don't like the subject you're studying to begin with.

I'd go with C just in case though, if you find that the subject suddenly starts to appeal to you during the second half of the year.
Thanks, I think I'll go with option C then :P
:iconshadee:
shadee Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I would make an appointment with the college coordinator. Have a talk with him/her about which subjects/courses are available, which might interest you and whether you should stick with this year (if it's an orientation year that's the same for everyone) or whether it's possible to get a transfer to something different earlier on. The more information you can get from someone who knows everything about what's ahead, the better. If none of the options are for you, you could start looking at other colleges and make an appointment there as well to ask them what they have to offer and if you're interested, what you need to do to make the transfer to their college happen.
Will check with some of the students on the 2. year, and the coordinator. Thanks for the advice
Add a Comment: