How do you fall in love?

When you're terrified of anyone getting close to you, because you feel defenseless against any harm?
Comments84
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Being alone is not a bad thing. People will disappoint you eventually, save yourself the heartbreak.

Make lots of friends, though. Or do what I do, and sell your soul to the internet.

The internet has cats.

Just saying.
Simple most of it happens unexpectantly and naturally-> Form bonds of trust with people such as a friend-> listen to your natural sense of attraction when you feel you're starting to like or become attracted to someone and they start giving you signs back -> take risks and go on that date if they ask you out or ask yourself, the worst they can say is no, if that's the case you can still be friends or try again with someone else. When you're hitting it off and falling for someone trust me, you'll feel it. Do what it tells you too even if it can be a little scary.
You take the risk...
:iconpylonsplz: YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!!
HA! Good one :D
But seriously, gather guts, build defenses. Not that I'm any better, though. =P
You pay a one-time fee of $75.
You don't look for it. Have it look for you. :meow: It'll show up when you least expect it.

I was never looking to fall in love with anyone, yet 2 years ago, I met one boy on here that just happened to share the same interests as I did and we hit it off really well for a few months before he asked me out. :shrug: And since then, we're still together. c:
Good to hear your story, thanks for sharing!
No problem. Sorry if it wasn't much help. ^^;
It comes with time, and the steady build of a relationship of a sort :) At least that is what I think
That would need time and careful attention...
Careful attention? I disagree :) It happens naturally usually.
Some people doubt if love even really exists. Its such a strong word.

It's one of those things that just kinda hit you without expecting it.
I'm a doubter... need to paint a target on my chest, lol!
Its fine to be a doubter. All you gotta do is go out and talk to people. Hold conversations and try to have fun. You can leave your privacy walls up if you want to it doesn't matter. Sooner or later you will run into someone you feel comfortable around to let those walls down.

Then maybe they feel the same with you.
I hope so too :) Thanks for encouraging me...
i just described dating to you. Thats all i did. Everyone has their own walls they keep up to protect them self from harm.
Lol! I think living in a hard place like NYC makes those wall taller and colder... :(
dont think that. Everyone has their own shit to deal with just in different places and at different levels.
View all replies
It just happens...when you let your guard down :paranoid:
0o0! I need to sack my battalion of guards then :P
:lol:

I choose to guard my emotions
You let go and just let yourself live :)