Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Missed opportunity? And does this sound desperate......

:iconlivneeson:
livneeson Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I was on holiday in New York for the last week, and staying at a hostel (a really friendly/full of activities place!).
Anyway, I met this guy from the hostel at a bar (we were a big group from the hostel on a pub crawl). We got along immediately, and he was very forward, there were definitely sparks....
Anyway, we hung out together for a few hours, and he was really keen to get closer and I almost made it (and I really liked him), but I don't know, something from my stupid upbringing, or ideas i've had about myself being this type of person, with an image to uphold, I sort of pushed him away.
Well now i'm back home, i'm sort of regretting it, and I can't stop thinking about him or what could have been.
I was even thinking of calling the hostel and leaving a message at the front desk in the chance he might still be there.....does that seem desperate? Maybe he's not thinking of me still, but I know he was very interested.....

This probably sounds like whiny teenage crap, but i'm not. It might help to know that this is the first time i've experienced anything like this.....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Given that you were "on holiday" I'm assuming you're not from the US, let alone from New York. You said he's Brazillian but not if he's actually living in Brazil at the moment or living somewhere in the US or whatever country you're from.

So I'm just going to assume you're both from opposite corners of the world. Let it go. Long distance isn't worth it for a stranger flirting with you at a bar. There will be more strangers flirting with you in more bars who live closer.
livneeson Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Both from south of the equator though haha. No, i'm letting it go, i'll just remember it as a fun night in New York.
:iconshogun3540:
shogun3540 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Artist
jst think......he could have been a multiple murder/rapist who kicks puppies.
Could be....although he said he had a white German Shepherd, and he liked flamenco guitar.....
:iconshogun3540:
shogun3540 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Artist
so he's a spanish multiple murderer/rapist who kicks goldfish
:iconkha-ttana:
Kha-ttana Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
There's no harm in being a little cautious around people you don't know~! :) But if you can do something to make yourself feel better, maybe get in touch with him if you can. Give it a shot. But otherwise, don't beat yourself up about it! It might have been something you regret, or in the long run, been a good decision. You just never know!
Ah well, I tried to contact him via the Hostel, no cigar! Oh well, it will be a nice night i'll always remember :) Or maybe i'll compare everyone to him....damn....honestly, Aussie guys.....blegh....
Kha-ttana Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Just try to remember it as a good time! But don't worry, I totally sympathise, australian men don't have much of the same appeal haha. But I'm sure they're out there :)
Haha glad someone agrees. I just don't get that singlet/big biceps covered in tattoos look.....:sick:
Kha-ttana Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I agree, I personally prefer someone who looks like they bathe regularly :P
Add a Comment: