What to do about one of my closest friends?

Ever since I texted my friend early this week she's gotten annoyed or pissed off at me and I don't even know why. Well, because when you text someone you hardly know there mood I didn't know she was annoyed I thought it'd all blow over. I sent blank messages to her and she kept saying she'd block me so I said go ahead... I didn't know that she was really annoyed! I just thought it was a joke cause we never have disagreements and she has been the one I've talked to most since all of my friends split up and went to different high schools. Then yesterday we got into another argument and she was giving me an attitude when i texted her saying Happy Thanksgiving. Her words hurt so bad I was about to cry...I just don't what to do. She's never acted that way towards me before and she won't tell me what I did to make her so upset. I'm convinced its my fault but I'm also stubborn bc in arguments with my friends I always get hurt the most and have to apologise I kind of don't want to be so dependent of my friends for me to be happy or feel weak in the situation Should I give it a week or two before I talk to her again?
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
In my experience, friends who start being short with you and picking fights like that, soon break off the friendship. If you don't want to be hurt, I would suggest "backing off" in the relationship and trying to find a better friend. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, and I'm sorry. It's not you, it's them - don't blame yourself. Sometimes people change and don't want to be friends anymore sometimes (stupid people).
I don't know what to say to that...
It's just a heads up. You can do whatever you want with the situation. Just be aware that the relationship may be ending whether you want it to or not. And that's not your fault. Don't beat yourself up.
It just did. And I want to cry but I don't want to seem that dependent...
You can cry as soon as you're alone, hun :) It's fine to cry. It probably means you have more of a capacity to *feel* and have emotion than your dumb friend. So cry it out, grieve the relationship, be sad for a while, then pick yourself up when you feel ready, kay? It's okay if it takes you a while to get over it. Getting over a really close friendship can be just like getting over a breakup. But you'll get through, I promise :)
I don't think she's dumb but the whole break in the friendship thing is confusing. I don't want to believe it's temporary, I refuse to because I'll just get my hopes up.
Secondly, it's hard because I keep having the feeling that my other close friends will get distant and I won't have any soon because the lack of real friends at my new school. But I will definitely try to. Thanks for your help I really appreciate your advice.
No problem :) And remember that acquaintences can be very valuable too - saying hi with someone's name and a smile can go a loooong ways. You don't always have to have a best bud. Though I know it can be weird if you've always had one.
Best of luck with it all, and sorry you have to go through this sad time!
View all replies
Not to be a downer, but people tend to move on to other friends after they move. It is hard to keep that old connection with girls. It may just be her way of pushing you away.
i still don't see why she would be mad at you for sending blank messages. i think there's something else that is troubling her. has she been acting weird at school or different? i think you should ask her why she's mad at you and what you did wrong (well..technically it's not your fault). she might just be throwing her anger on you, people do that a lot and i hate it too.
I don't go to the same school as her any more. Besides that she is just never cruel.. To me at least and I hate it too
hm...so have you made up yet?
Nope, in order to make up she has to respond to me which she hasn't
Eh, but it's all over, our friendship I mean....
but sometimes, you need to find better friends
View all replies
Perhaps something is troubling her, and she is taking out her frustrations/anger/sadness on others. Waiting a few days before communicating again might be a good idea, then maybe try asking me if she is okay. Hopefully, whatever is going on isn't too serious (ex:suicidal thoughts/actions). IDK, some people tend to take out their emotions on others when they are upset while some keep it all inside (Neither is good, maybe somewhere in the middle..). I'm kind of an "expert" on friendship dramas since I have known "drama queens", but it doesn't sound like your friend is mad at you (at least not to me). She's just going through troubling times I think. I am certain things will be back to "normal" shortly. Hope so!
I really hope so too, thanks for replying ^.^
No problem, I like helping people!
Ask her outright what you did wrong. You'll never find out if you don't ask.
Yeah.. Thanks for replying
she's on her period
Um... I wouldn't know