Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 112

Can you do drawing and studying at the same time?

:icondeltari2:
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I want to ask you how you guys can draw during times were you have assignments,I can't explain but how are you people able to balance studying for school and drawing on a computer? Im suffering with that problem because I feel like drawing and at the same time my mind tells me to study for the next day even if it would be a "nothing-to-do whole day" at school,and when I draw during the day before school,my head suddenly starts spammming words like "how about this topic in Science,do you know this etc????".
I go home everyday 3:45 pm and get almost 5 assignments a day.
Can you guys help me?can there be still some time to spare for digital drawing during school hours and on some weekends?Is there a need sometimes that you have to cram just to finish your drawing?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconseaoffireflies:
SeaOfFireflies Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
You should combine the studying in your drawings. For instance, if you need to remember that Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809, then write that down and doodle something for it. But you have to time yourself. Give yourself a maximum of 20 seconds to get the idea down. I actually take notes in Photoshop with my tablet during my computer class.

Maybe associating specific pictures with facts would help you remember more things too? It's just a theory.
But this may be a way to save time on studying, or just making it more fun. And who knows - maybe you'll get inspiration for your digital art from your school assignments.

Hope I helped. Good luck! :)
deltari2 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It really helped THANK YOU :iconcryforeverplz: ,instead of code words,I should draw :D
:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
Well, I love learning new stuff I didn't know. But I don't really like Studying either. Every time I open my books, I probably end up drawing in that book with my pen (or sometimes Pencils). To put it simply, I easily get distracted. So my answer would be no....
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah thats how we are easilly distracted,I think our hands have brains too,By the time we get bored our hands move by itself XD
:iconsatoshi444:
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Which means some hands are stupid. Best example are hands that loves to threw trashes everywhere...
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I remember going through MY ENTIRE HIGH SCHOOL YEARS drawing in almost every class. It helped my hands do something while I listened to the teacher. Multi-tasking! You can do it! :D
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
well I guess if you can do it,we all can :iconcryforeverplz:.I hope we just don't get caught ;w; (most touching comment,thank you ;w;)
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I got caught all the time, but I kept my grades up and I was friends with most the teachers so when they "caught" me they would usually just comment on how good my pictures were. Just keep your grades up and be friendly with the teachers, you will be all right! :D
:iconcassiuseos:
Cassiuseos Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Of course, I draw during the boring classes...sometimes it helps me pay attention actually.
And the teachers never caught you?not even once? :iconamgplz:
Cassiuseos Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
In high school they did catch me sometimes but they didn't mind since I got good marks in their classes. In university nobody cares what you're doing as long as you don't disturb the class...half of the people are on Facebook.
oh so its true about universities,the teachers just lecture and its up to you to listen or not.I only knew that now and students just bring their own laptops?
Cassiuseos Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Pretty much.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That's a tricky question to answer because it depends on a lot. I know that during finals and holidays I have a lot less time to draw then I would like. Normally, I try to counter this by drawing in a sketch book I carry around with me. It can take a bit at times to finish a picture, but sadly that's the best I have come up with.
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
well I guess bringing a sketchbook isn't bad,but some of our classmates would stare at everything we drew there for an hour,:iconpedobearplz: and its a good idea,as long as we hide it.
lol yeah unfortunately people will stare, and a few will always ask what you are drawing. It's a side effect of it I'm afraid. xD
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
yes,sometimes when you draw horribly they would tell you "its beautiful" :iconshaplz:
lol! That's generally how it goes, but it's all good.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012   Digital Artist
I'm having the same problem myself. I have 3 1,500 word essays to have done by next week, an Economics assignment and an IT exam next week. It doesn't help when you're suffering from a cold either. =[
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
probably we should let those assignments fly off our checklist (finish it)and do ART :iconfuckyeaplz: ,you can do it :D think of the freaking rewards
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012   Digital Artist
I've also found out I have a lot of assignments to do for IT and Study skills. x_x I seriously have no time and I'm even working today on my birthday. =S
Don't worry believe you'll finish it,(im currently doing tons too,its the only way out of that assignment I guess):iconrainbowtearplz:hehe there could be a blessing at the end of your birthday ,oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :iconcakeplz: :D
I have no choice but to finish it. =S I'm moving house in two weeks as well. It will be grand though, I will have to get up earlier and make a routine for myself.

Thank you, hun. <3
no problem dood,where all an this together :iconbrohugplz:
Of course, my friend! :hug:
:iconzerodj:
zerodj Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not always its possible. It all depends on your load. As I was reading some other people told you about breaks. I use them when I get tired/bored from studying for 2 o 3 hours and draw a little bit. Bear in mind your timing so you don't get carried away drawing and forget about your homework or studies. It's just a matter of balance, once you achieve it, you'll be able to do both.
Ah thats good,I thought it would like get bored for an hour then a 30 min break OoO but well I forgot about balance too,not just being patient :D
zerodj Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah even when I am in the test week I still draw in my breaks, though I sacrifice the time to do perhaps some exercise or watch some TV or anime. I think so too, rushing does no good to us, take your time, maybe you can't finish that piece you really want to do today but you can get a part done, and then when you are free from tests/work you can concentrate full. One last thing, if you are extremely tired it's best that you get some rest before drawing.
ah that last part just killed me,I wake up 5 am to finish some of my arts OwO.Im happy you shared your thoughts :D probably once were done,we will have all the time of the world.
ahaha well everyone has their own methods. When its weekend I usually stay up really late listening to music,reading,drawing,facebook... xD But I don't have the willpower to wake up so early to draw xD
Well at least you stay up at night time :D,except what forced me to sleep early is that "Paranormal movie" its freaking scary :iconscaredplz:
hahahaha xD. Well in my case I have always been like this. My sleeping cycle is messed up =D I can barely keep it when I fix it or get it right.
so you're still like that even today?
(1 Reply)
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
No. You can't. It's impossible in life to do multiple things at once.
Just sit in a corner and breathe until you stop breathing.
unless your a robot I guess XD :iconrobotplz:
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Robots are superior:P
YES,around the 21 century OwO
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I finish my assignments; like really fast....
And then I draw
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
hopw is that possibru? :iconimpossibruplz:
Since I'm like:

"F this assignment"

If it's like a 500 word essay I can finish in a day
If it's 1500 I finish it in a day or two
:iconfuckyeaplz: well at least its done,our teachers don't actually read our essays,they just count it ._.
:nod:
:iconcammieobscura:
CammieObscura Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
First of all, you know how some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time? Or drive and talk on the cell phone? Or daydream and be totally conscious of what you are doing? Your mind can only concentrate on one major thing at a time. So what is more important- grades and knowledge or drawing? I'm not saying don't draw, but you have to balance the time so both get your full attention and not one interfering with the other. You can study well for a test and it may mean not drawing that day, but you get an A. Or you could half study and draw and get a C. Which would you prefer?
our gradings here are pretty different its not A B C or F its like 100 is the highest 80 is the average,well getting a C wouldn't be bad its like getting 80 but my parents would be dissapointed ,probably I should learn budgeting my time because when we head to college,there is less time to draw :icontableflipplz:
:iconcammieobscura:
CammieObscura Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Depending on your class load and major, I would say very little time without sacrificing something else along the way.
:iconshogun3540:
shogun3540 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Artist
i normally have time to draw during those times when i'm not being an attention whore on deviantart.
Well I guess thats good you have spare time ,just don't get caught up on commenting a lot on the same user,you'd really annoy them :D
:iconcandydechocolate:
CandyDeChocolate Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I don't draw as much when I'm on school days cuz I usually get to my house like at 6:00pm and do homework till 10:30pm and then I go to sleep -_-' the only chances that I have 2 draw is during those classes where the teachers don't do anything and let us do whatever we want xP
deltari2 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
yeah thats the only time I have too in school,and sometimes if we do an activity that would last the whole day being inside the classroom,thats 8 hours meaning you can finish half a piece already.I really feel your pain :iconiknowthatfeelplz:
:iconlzzec:
lzzec Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I am facing the same problem. Work practically eats up most of my time and I find myself lacking the strength to do something that I like.
Add a Comment: