Can you do drawing and studying at the same time?

I want to ask you how you guys can draw during times were you have assignments,I can't explain but how are you people able to balance studying for school and drawing on a computer? Im suffering with that problem because I feel like drawing and at the same time my mind tells me to study for the next day even if it would be a "nothing-to-do whole day" at school,and when I draw during the day before school,my head suddenly starts spammming words like "how about this topic in Science,do you know this etc????".
I go home everyday 3:45 pm and get almost 5 assignments a day.
Can you guys help me?can there be still some time to spare for digital drawing during school hours and on some weekends?Is there a need sometimes that you have to cram just to finish your drawing?
Comments113
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You should combine the studying in your drawings. For instance, if you need to remember that Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809, then write that down and doodle something for it. But you have to time yourself. Give yourself a maximum of 20 seconds to get the idea down. I actually take notes in Photoshop with my tablet during my computer class.

Maybe associating specific pictures with facts would help you remember more things too? It's just a theory.
But this may be a way to save time on studying, or just making it more fun. And who knows - maybe you'll get inspiration for your digital art from your school assignments.

Hope I helped. Good luck! :)
It really helped THANK YOU :iconcryforeverplz: ,instead of code words,I should draw :D
Well, I love learning new stuff I didn't know. But I don't really like Studying either. Every time I open my books, I probably end up drawing in that book with my pen (or sometimes Pencils). To put it simply, I easily get distracted. So my answer would be no....
Yeah thats how we are easilly distracted,I think our hands have brains too,By the time we get bored our hands move by itself XD
Which means some hands are stupid. Best example are hands that loves to threw trashes everywhere...
I remember going through MY ENTIRE HIGH SCHOOL YEARS drawing in almost every class. It helped my hands do something while I listened to the teacher. Multi-tasking! You can do it! :D
well I guess if you can do it,we all can :iconcryforeverplz:.I hope we just don't get caught ;w; (most touching comment,thank you ;w;)
I got caught all the time, but I kept my grades up and I was friends with most the teachers so when they "caught" me they would usually just comment on how good my pictures were. Just keep your grades up and be friendly with the teachers, you will be all right! :D
Of course, I draw during the boring classes...sometimes it helps me pay attention actually.
And the teachers never caught you?not even once? :iconamgplz:
In high school they did catch me sometimes but they didn't mind since I got good marks in their classes. In university nobody cares what you're doing as long as you don't disturb the class...half of the people are on Facebook.
oh so its true about universities,the teachers just lecture and its up to you to listen or not.I only knew that now and students just bring their own laptops?
That's a tricky question to answer because it depends on a lot. I know that during finals and holidays I have a lot less time to draw then I would like. Normally, I try to counter this by drawing in a sketch book I carry around with me. It can take a bit at times to finish a picture, but sadly that's the best I have come up with.
well I guess bringing a sketchbook isn't bad,but some of our classmates would stare at everything we drew there for an hour,:iconpedobearplz: and its a good idea,as long as we hide it.
lol yeah unfortunately people will stare, and a few will always ask what you are drawing. It's a side effect of it I'm afraid. xD
yes,sometimes when you draw horribly they would tell you "its beautiful" :iconshaplz:
lol! That's generally how it goes, but it's all good.
I'm having the same problem myself. I have 3 1,500 word essays to have done by next week, an Economics assignment and an IT exam next week. It doesn't help when you're suffering from a cold either. =[
probably we should let those assignments fly off our checklist (finish it)and do ART :iconfuckyeaplz: ,you can do it :D think of the freaking rewards
I've also found out I have a lot of assignments to do for IT and Study skills. x_x I seriously have no time and I'm even working today on my birthday. =S
Don't worry believe you'll finish it,(im currently doing tons too,its the only way out of that assignment I guess):iconrainbowtearplz:hehe there could be a blessing at the end of your birthday ,oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :iconcakeplz: :D
I have no choice but to finish it. =S I'm moving house in two weeks as well. It will be grand though, I will have to get up earlier and make a routine for myself.

Thank you, hun. <3
no problem dood,where all an this together :iconbrohugplz:
View all replies