Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 34

What should i do with ex?

:icontodesengel18:
Todesengel18 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Me and my ex girlfriend broke up few months ago because of the distance between us when she moved out of state. She says she is still in love with me and that i'm her everything. Then a couple of days ago she called me and asked me how i was doing. I told her that i was about to sign up for a volunteer program for the Israeli army. She bursted into tears telling me that she doesn't want me to go because it's way to dangerous. I have a feeling that she's toying with me and before the break up i was always there for her and supported her no matter what I also accepted her despite her flaws. We were together for a year and a half :/ and idk what to do.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012   Digital Artist
"I also accepted her despite her flaws"

Easy, never ever in the history of being in love, do you truly love someone, despite anything.

I was with someone despite a whole bunch of shit. Despite anything always turns into a festered mess in the end.

Now, I'm not saying that you end up falling in love with a flawless person, but when it works, it's not despite them. In fact I could argue that it is because of them.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Well, if she's playing games with you, don't play into them. You broke up, so do what you want to do now. If she didn't want that to happen, then she shouldn't have (I'm assuming?) broken up with you. If you're the one who broke up with her, then tough cookies for her.
Todesengel18 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
You assumed correctly and thank you. Also why would she say that she's still in love with me yet like someone else? To me it's just weird :?
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I don't think I ever said she' still in love with you but likes someone else. I don't even think I said anything remotely like that. Care to quote me please?
Todesengel18 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
no no no. She says that shes still in love with me yet likes someone else. I wasn't saying that you posted that. My apologies. And what i meant by "you assumed correctly" was because she broke up with me.
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
OH. I read that as "why would YOU say that she's still in love with me" etc. etc. Like 3 times. :dummy: Carry on.
:iconthecoin-operatedgirl:
theCoin-operatedGirl Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
If you're going to break up with someone, it's best to break contact and move the hell on. If you can't then you probably shouldn't have broken up. If you're both so convinced that it won't work with the distance even if you both care that much, you have to let yourself heal instead of talking to them about your feelings for one another. There's really no exception to this. Neither of you will move on into functional relationships if you're going to sit around and miss the other while holding each other at a distance (metaphorically) because "it just won't work."

Obviously if someone cares about you they'll be concerned for your life, but if you both can't mutually put the effort into being together then they should probably not influence your choices.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't let her hold you back from realizing your dreams.
This may sound harsh: but if she really loves you, she'll realize that this is your dream, and she will give you your freedom to do what you want.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why would she be toying with you? It makes no sense.

You two broke up, because you didn't think the relationship was strong enough to be long-distance.
That doesn't mean she suddenly stopped caring about you.
Of course she'll be sad and scared of the thought of you joining the army.
Nothing indicates that she's toying with you.

Do what you will, but don't make her look bad just because she still cares about you. Why would you do that?
Todesengel18 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I left out a part from my post because i was in a hurry and i apologize. She spoke to me when i told her about it and was sayin that she's still in love with me yet likes someone else. idk what to make of that.
Add a Comment: