Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 109

Cyber Bullying

:icontataouin:
Tataouin Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I was recently reached out by a 14 year old girl who has been cyber bullied by people (3 that I know of) who thought were her friends (in real life) but who turned around and began attacking her and her art on the internet.
She put all her art in storage and is afraid to show her art anymore.

I tried to help but I've only been bullied by my family and has never been able to make them stop. My older sister grew out of it and I do not talk to my grandmother much any more. I'm 21 and have moved on, feeling more confident. But this girl is 14 and has some serious self-esteem issues.

Any helpful advice on how to deal with cyber bullies?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongingerontheinside:
gingerontheinside Dec 3, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
i wrote a journal about this, maybe it could give you an idea?
:iconthechronowolf:
maybe she should take the piss out of them i mean i know its not right to rise to their level but it does feel good to give them a taste of their own medicine and art is one persons view on a style you cant say if its good or bad, hope this helped i doubt it though :s
:iconjericawinters:
Maybe the 14 year old could get her mother to have a nice chat with the parents of the attacking teens.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Block and ignore.
It's only the internet. They don't know you, and can't physically hurt you. They're just stupid, childish creatures, that lack any common sense, and'll probably end up in the gutter some day.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You never even read the OP, did you?

It's the fucking first sentence ffs... "who thought were her friends (in real life) but who turned around and began attacking her and her art on the internet"
So? Either bullying irl or on the internet still makes them miserable losers.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No, it doesn't actually, and further, it renders your "advice" idiotic.

It's really hard to block someone you're forced to go to school with, wouldn't you say?

Point is: If you're not prepared to actually help, why the fuck are you answering posts in HWL?
Well... the only way to get rid of that kind of people is having some sense of self worth, even though it's faked (as long as the bullies don't know, it's fine). People like that get off on other people crying of getting desperate, because they're just a miserable excuse of an human being. They're doing it for the response. So no matter what you do, ignoring is the best way. They'll eventually get bored and search another victim.
:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Dec 2, 2012
OMG that sounds so terrible! Cyberbullies are the worst . . . they think their words don't hurt but they really do.

Your friend should post her art anyways and just show them that she is awesome and that she won't take their BS!
:iconthemarcher:
TheMarcher Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Ignoring them, do not feed the trolls!
By replying you are showing them that you care about what they think. If ignored their opinion does not matter.

Family should be supportive but not all are. My parents were nice but they could be very judgemental at times. I just had to learn to do what I wanted even against their will.

And you friend should not be afraid to show her art. She is 14 and has her whole life to perfect it. No one is perfect from the start.
Add a Comment: