November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Motivation, wish I got some...

:icontobi-wankenobi:
Tobi-WanKenobi Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey,
I've got a serious motivation problem! Actually it's only there when it comes to school -.-"
Things that catch my intrest are no problem, but for most of my studies (that could be done in 2 or 3 hours) I need a freaking ******* of time! I just can't concentrate enough on it. Even if I try to get it done in a normal amount of time, it ends up with doing everything EXCEPT this task (it seems like that gaze at a freaking wall is more exciting than the homework).
It is just downright annoying and frustrating!!
I know it's not that kind of a big deal, but I hope you can understand me.

What do you do to concentrate, motivate or "kick ur self in da butt" when it comes to studies(+homework)?

Greetings

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondamian-blaze:
Damian-Blaze Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This is what I did. I looked at the homework and the pain of having to do it kept me from doing it. It's human nature to want to avoid things that we find painful or uncomfortable, like the DMV. But I thought about how much would it hurt if I don't do it. The consequences of not doing your work REALLY hurt lol. I learned my lesson.

"Eat the frog" It's a book and pretty much the idea behind it is if you know you have to eat a frog, just do it now and get it over with. Don't stress about it the whole day and keep pushing it aside. That's how I treat anything. I get so frustrated when I think about the things I have to do. It really kills my mood so I just do it now and get it over with. I'll listen to music or have some background noise. what ever helps me get it done.
Tobi-WanKenobi Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
You are definitely right with that. Of course I know what it will lead to not doing my work.
Well I guess it's still the best way to just get it done...but it will be hard to transfer this method on physics (my main course yay! xD)
Thanks for your advice anyway, helped me today with a presentation, I should get a different view on thinks like this after all...
No problemo.

When you get a chance, go to this Youtube channel [link] this dude will motivate the hell out of you. I lost 70 lbs and built some muscle because of him. I hate studying but I studied excessively to take my personal training exam and passed, among other things. It really helped me get motivated to change my life and I hope it does the same for you.
Tobi-WanKenobi Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you for your help! :)
No problemo
:iconggordons:
GGordonS Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Think of it like exercise, force yourself. Don't associate the studying with negative things like "pain in the ass" or "UGGGGH!" just change the way you think of it instead to "exercise" "challenge" and " mental toughness" Thinking can always change experience and visa versa. Just utilize the weapons you have, for instance, you are a photographer, you know all about lenses and focus, lighting and things like that, so think of your studies as a subject for your photos... for the subject to look good you need to put it in the right focus, wait for the right lighting and have steady hands to take the picture. Light would be thoughts, how you think of it will light it differently. Also having the right time of day effects how well you perform. Focus would be mental focus, and like camera focus it needs adjustment to get it right. Lastly steady yourself by remaining calm and committed, keeping in mind that "my patience will have a reward" Hope it helps.
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No shortcuts. There's no easy way to do that, you just have to force yourself to do it.
:iconeuterpe-the-egret:
Euterpe-The-Egret Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Find a way to reward yourself. Read a chapter of homework then you can take a 5 min break and eat ice cream. Change your thoughts from "this is boring" to "this isn't that bad" or "this isn't so hard, I'm getting this done so quickly." These motivational thoughts can help you stop procrastinating.

But really, just buck up and learn some self control and do your work.
Add a Comment: