Cheating?

What does it mean for guys? I mean if a guy has a girlfriend and he cheats on her, does he really love her? What if he likes another girl too? Advice would be awesome.
Comments50
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Really depends on what type of relationship they have.
In my monogamy views and lifestyle, if I found out that my boyfriend was cheating on me, I'd make sure to give him a good reason to spend a few weeks in the hospital...and all the chicks too.
Is it possible that the person who cheats might not be getting what they want out of a relationship?
If so, they should break up with the person of breaking his or her contract. Sex of each party aside.
I don't think highly of someone who risks passing STDs to their partner by cheating on them with other people. Their actions show how little they care for their partner. It's really an awful thing to do. If the relationship is an "open" one than that's a different matter.
I agree with so many people on here;
If you are in a relationship with somebody and they cheat
its just not okay. There are many reasons a person does it
normally to do with feelings they have or insecurities they
have about themselves. Fear? Of being committed, or just like
the thrill of what they cant have and shouldnt do whilst in a
relationship with another >.>
People can be cruel sometimes, and it can be quite heartbreaking.
Out of experience; If being cheated on, do break up with them.
Most people who try work through it, end up being hurt again :/
Thats okay! :3
I try to be helpful :'3
This is why I'm polyamorous.

I have 3 boyfriends and two girlfriends, and they all have their own other partners, and they all know about each other, and there's not TOO much jealousy and we all have lots and lots of fun.

It's like having a cake and eating it too. A gigantic fucking wedding cake. With an orgy on top.
They could still like/love you, it's just that they don't like/love you enough to stay only with you.
Cheating is cheating, if you are male or female. I don't see the difference.

Or talk about it and come to a solution
Or accept the way it is
Or break up
They might love you, but they don't respect you. So they're not worthy of a relationship with you, regardless of how they feel about you.
I'm a guy and could hopefully shed some light on this. If a guy cheats that probably means that he's not getting what he wants from you out of the relationship and that he doesn't truly love you. Also if he likes another girl then he should end things rather then cheat. Either way it hurts but ending things is a better alternative instead of being unfaithful.
Simple: if you're with one person but love another, leave your current partner for the new one.
I still ask myself why people cheat -.-
Not being a guy, I wouldn't know what it means to them. Other than possibly the end to their relationship, of course. If he likes two girls, why would he want to hurt either one of them, let alone both, in such a hideous way?

No, being straight with the gf in this matter is definitely the way to go. If you aren't happy with the way things are, then change them, and end it before it gets really messy.
If he loved her he wouldn't cheat. He would be open about what he wants instead of cheating.
My boyfriend mentioned to me once that almost all the guys he's ever known always got interested in other girls.
As in they got curious even when they appreciated the person they were with, and experimented with others behind their gf's backs despite being decided to stick with that girl and being satisfied; just for mere obsessive curiosity of wanting to know how it's like with those other people. :noes:
He essentially described it as: "as long as there's a desire they'll act on it, and almost everyone feels like it."
Even if one might get curious, they're fully aware of what they're doing when they're acting on it, so yeah, I do believe they can be held accountable for putting themselves first over their relationship and therefore not having serious consideration for it.
That sounds exactly like what he's doing.
Him being who, I know mine isn't the sort, and when you phrased your opening post you didn't specify you had a bf, you seemed to ask generally.
Ah, the guy I was asking about is a real person, I was just asking in general because it was such a confusing situation. I wanted to know if this was a common thing.
Cheating = instant seppuku.
It doesn't matter what it means for him, if he cheats on me, he's gone.
If somebody's cheated on you, I'd dump them now and start moving on. Cheating shows major dishonesty and selfishness, and you HAVE to be able to trust your partner in any relationship. The reasons for his cheating don't matter, the fact that he did it is all that matters. You are worth more than that. :C