Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 49
:iconapathetic-princess:
Apathetic-Princess Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
What does it mean for guys? I mean if a guy has a girlfriend and he cheats on her, does he really love her? What if he likes another girl too? Advice would be awesome.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon2lazy2talk:
2lazy2talk Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Really depends on what type of relationship they have.
In my monogamy views and lifestyle, if I found out that my boyfriend was cheating on me, I'd make sure to give him a good reason to spend a few weeks in the hospital...and all the chicks too.
:iconcoterabeth:
Coterabeth Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Is it possible that the person who cheats might not be getting what they want out of a relationship?
If so, they should break up with the person of breaking his or her contract. Sex of each party aside.
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I don't think highly of someone who risks passing STDs to their partner by cheating on them with other people. Their actions show how little they care for their partner. It's really an awful thing to do. If the relationship is an "open" one than that's a different matter.
:icondannistarr:
DanniStarr Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I agree with so many people on here;
If you are in a relationship with somebody and they cheat
its just not okay. There are many reasons a person does it
normally to do with feelings they have or insecurities they
have about themselves. Fear? Of being committed, or just like
the thrill of what they cant have and shouldnt do whilst in a
relationship with another >.>
People can be cruel sometimes, and it can be quite heartbreaking.
Out of experience; If being cheated on, do break up with them.
Most people who try work through it, end up being hurt again :/
Apathetic-Princess Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Thanks that helps. :)
:icondannistarr:
DanniStarr Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Thats okay! :3
I try to be helpful :'3
:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Artist
This is why I'm polyamorous.

I have 3 boyfriends and two girlfriends, and they all have their own other partners, and they all know about each other, and there's not TOO much jealousy and we all have lots and lots of fun.

It's like having a cake and eating it too. A gigantic fucking wedding cake. With an orgy on top.
:iconlaurenhascombusted:
LaurenHasCombusted Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They could still like/love you, it's just that they don't like/love you enough to stay only with you.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Cheating is cheating, if you are male or female. I don't see the difference.

Or talk about it and come to a solution
Or accept the way it is
Or break up
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
They might love you, but they don't respect you. So they're not worthy of a relationship with you, regardless of how they feel about you.
:icontodesengel18:
Todesengel18 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I'm a guy and could hopefully shed some light on this. If a guy cheats that probably means that he's not getting what he wants from you out of the relationship and that he doesn't truly love you. Also if he likes another girl then he should end things rather then cheat. Either way it hurts but ending things is a better alternative instead of being unfaithful.
:icon2lazy2talk:
2lazy2talk Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Simple: if you're with one person but love another, leave your current partner for the new one.
I still ask myself why people cheat -.-
:iconeldingagunman:
EldingaGunman Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Not being a guy, I wouldn't know what it means to them. Other than possibly the end to their relationship, of course. If he likes two girls, why would he want to hurt either one of them, let alone both, in such a hideous way?

No, being straight with the gf in this matter is definitely the way to go. If you aren't happy with the way things are, then change them, and end it before it gets really messy.
:iconjessicaann87:
JessicaAnn87 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If he loved her he wouldn't cheat. He would be open about what he wants instead of cheating.
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
My boyfriend mentioned to me once that almost all the guys he's ever known always got interested in other girls.
As in they got curious even when they appreciated the person they were with, and experimented with others behind their gf's backs despite being decided to stick with that girl and being satisfied; just for mere obsessive curiosity of wanting to know how it's like with those other people. :noes:
He essentially described it as: "as long as there's a desire they'll act on it, and almost everyone feels like it."
Even if one might get curious, they're fully aware of what they're doing when they're acting on it, so yeah, I do believe they can be held accountable for putting themselves first over their relationship and therefore not having serious consideration for it.
Apathetic-Princess Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
That sounds exactly like what he's doing.
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
He?
Apathetic-Princess Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
He.
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Him being who, I know mine isn't the sort, and when you phrased your opening post you didn't specify you had a bf, you seemed to ask generally.
Apathetic-Princess Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Ah, the guy I was asking about is a real person, I was just asking in general because it was such a confusing situation. I wanted to know if this was a common thing.
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Ah I see.
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional General Artist
Cheating = instant seppuku.
:iconresident-bishounen:
Resident-Bishounen Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It doesn't matter what it means for him, if he cheats on me, he's gone.
:iconrobo-shark:
Robo-Shark Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
If somebody's cheated on you, I'd dump them now and start moving on. Cheating shows major dishonesty and selfishness, and you HAVE to be able to trust your partner in any relationship. The reasons for his cheating don't matter, the fact that he did it is all that matters. You are worth more than that. :C
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Writer
If you cheat on someone you love, you never really loved your so called gf/bf at all from the beginning I think
:iconshadee:
shadee Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The reason doesn't matter. They choose to take the selfish route, instead of taking the feelings of the person they claimed to love into consideration.
Everyone has the choice to talk to their partner, to either ask whether they'd be OK with an open relationship or to break it off if they know they're not and know it would cause them emotional pain.
There are no valid reasons for cheating, they're all just sad excuses made by people who only really care about themselves.
:iconivan-p:
Ivan-P Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Guy or a girl makes no difference, theres a large number of explanations to those types of events as in:
The guy was thinking with the wrong organ of his body, and he didnt bother to open his heart because his emotionally attached to dating customs the world has filled his mind throughout the years ( which is why theres the possibility why so many men seldom feel dissatisfied in long term or short relationships )

If you think about it, it sorta makes sense i mean did people in the 1800', 1700's, 1600's had dates or the profile on relationship ? nope it was simply called LOVE it was simple, no tv, no internet , no crap to poison your mind making someone believe that falling in love takes time......its ridiculous.
And for what it's worth, yes, people in those eras did publicize their relationships. If they were betrothed, it was widely known. If they were married, they wore a wedding ring as their public "relationship status." If they weren't betrothed yet, they weren't dating.

These days since we have the freedom to be in actual relationships before being engaged. I'm sorry if that causes inconveniences in your life.
:iconalzircon:
alzircon Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you. That guy is a moron.:lol:
If you think about it, it sorta makes sense i mean did people in the 1800', 1700's, 1600's had dates or the profile on relationship ? nope it was simply called LOVE it was simple, no tv, no internet , no crap to poison your mind making someone believe that falling in love takes time......its ridiculous.

...Because what did they have in the 1800s, 1700s, 1600s? Desperate situations to leave at home and penultimate importance placed on getting married and having babies, and doing all of this before sex was allowed. So teens would call their first crushes love, marry someone, have babies, and then realize they were in miserable situations with people they didn't love but weren't allowed/able to get divorced.

Even when my mother was young, all the women in her neighborhood were trapped in marriages with abusive men and couldn't leave them because they had no educations and couldn't support themselves. Divorce was taboo, and so was talking about your husband's drinking problem, or the fact that he hit you, or raped your children, because those were "the tribulations of marriage" or some shit and it was expected that people would put up with it til death do they part.

Women in the centuries you're referring to got married because they had to, as soon as possible, to whatever man would buy them from their fathers. Men didn't have to worry too much about choosing the wrong mate because if they fell out of love with their wives they could just pick up a mistress or a prostitute. Women were expected to just deal with not loving their husbands anymore.

Don't romanticize this. People didn't have the opportunity to date and find out what love is. They only had fairy tales, and we know today that Romeo & Juliet were afflicted by hormones, not love.
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't understand cheating. If you want to be with someone else, then break up with the first person first!
:/ I was cheated on like 15 times by the same guy, and I STILL dont understand.
I was cheated on like 15 times by the same guy

Wat.

...15 times before you found out, I hope.
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nope. Young and stupid. Found out every time.
Honestly I'm a huge doormat. I also stayed with an abusive guy.
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
... :stare:

I'm not even sure you deserve help. Tell him to go cheat some more. Maybe if you're lucky he'll leave you for someone.
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I didn't ask for help.
But no reason to be rude about it. You don't know all the circumstances as why I was with him.
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Sorry, I confused you with the OP.

There is no reason in the world to excuse forgiving cheating 15 times. Fool me once, etc.
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:p Says you I suppose.
I did end up breaking up with him, but surprisingly, not for cheating.
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I hope to god it's this. If she knew for even half of those 15 times....:stare: I just can't even.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Lel, no.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I had a fiance that I was madly in love with, and he cheated on me with a co-worker of mine who was a good friend. I felt like dog shit for a long time. So before you cheat, think of what it would do to the one who loves you.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
two-timing = cheating
:iconphotosynthetichuman:
photosynthetichuman Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Cheating implies deceiving someone. If you love this person, its betrayal and you probably don’t really love this person. If you find yourself loving someone else, be honest about it to your partner, it’s the least you could do. Especially if you might still love them.
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Anyone who cheats obviously doesn't value the person they're with enough. Cheaters are ungrateful fuckheads. A cheater isn't worth your time. Moving on is the best bet.
:iconhulabell:
Hulabell Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
The worst offenders are those who have been horribly cheated on--who know how hurtful it is--and then go and do it themselves in another relationship. Hypocrisy at its finest.
:iconlbthecc:
LBtheCC Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's funniest when the hypocrite in question is only dating you to make the person who cheated on him in the first place jealous so they can get back together.
Bonus points for the "get back together" phase lasting less than a month.
More bonus points if the hypocrite comes crawling back to the person he cheated on.

... Extra bonus points for letting him know he was still owing me money. And getting said money back.
"And don't forget to give me back my black t-shirt!" -Ben Folds --> [link]
:iconsonrie-mucho:
Sonrie-mucho Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
If a guy cheats, he isn't considerate enough of the one he cheated on.
:iconaret:
Aret Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Who knows? Everyone is different, and has different motivations for doing things. You can't judge all guys based on one possibility.
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It depends on the situation, but most of the time it seems that he doesn't like his girlfriend very much for whatever reason and is too lazy to fix or end the relationship. He may or may not like the other one.
:iconjudisy:
Judisy Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I agree with what LaEmperatrizMariana said. for whatever reason, cheating is not good. Honestness is the basis of the relationship.
Add a Comment: