i think i have tanatophobia

i think i have tanatophobia which means fear of death. sometimes i just cant sleep at nights :S im goin to talk with a psyoclogist soon. but if u had this problem and if u fixed it by yourself ,can u tell me how ? thanks :(
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I used to have that too. then I had a brush with death. since then I have not feared death.

here be my advice: go visit some people who are on their deathbed. it will be hard at first. keep doing it. talk to them. you will eventually learn to accept death, and no longer have uncontrollable fear.
Well to be perfectly honest, even if you "fixed it", you're still gonna die :D
Well here's my fix for it:

After it happens you won't care...at all, as you will be regretfully unaware of everything. So why not live your life and rest assured that the experience is quite neutral for you in the end?
... Being scared of death is perfectly healthy.

Randomly thinking about dying despite being in zero danger? That's a little screwed up.
You probably don't have it. We all go through phases where we start to think about the inevitable things in life, like death. It's natural to be afraid of it. But If you can't get up from the bed in the morning because you're afraid of dying, then you should be worried.
Self-diagnosing is always a bad thing, and like someone else said, just because you're scared doesn't make it a phobia.

Why are you so eager to slap a label on it? Could you really be suffering from speshul snoeflake syndrome?
There's a difference between thinking about it a lot and have a paralyzing fear of death so severe you can't function. Phobias are used way too often.
Don't think about it.