Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 161

Getting a girlfriend?

:iconairlessthegoose:
AIRLESSTHEGOOSE Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've been at this for so long, I go to dances, I talk to every girl I know, and it just dosen't work out. Never. It's like every girl I meet just seems to turn me down. Is it me? I try to be nice and normal, giving small compliments and just having nice small talk. They always walk away, and I'm afraid that even if I do get a girlfriend, it won't last long because of my interests (Pokemon, manga, video games, playing card games like Pokemon and Magic, rock/metal music, etc). Is it me? I'm starting to think so....its tough because all of my friends are getting girlfriends left and right. Can anybody help me a little?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongrishhak:
Grishhak Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, a few thoughts from a girl:

First, you sound boring. Guys that give compliments out so freely and try to be nice etc. are, in my opinion, just nothing I notice. Of course, it also depends on the compliment. "You look beautiful, nice dress etc." will never get me interested in someone. I tend to get the same one from strangers about my front teeth, which stand apart a bit (something not normally thought of as beautiful), that they think it is cute. I like that one, because it is really a compliment and says "there is someone actually finding somethinga bout you cute, that others won't even notice (or find cute...)"
But I'd still say: don't do compliments because you want to say something nice. It's creepy. If something really takes away your breath, you will compliment it without thinking about it and that is what a compliment should be.

Secound, your interests: "Pokemon, manga, video games, playing card games like Pokemon and Magic, rock/metal music, etc" What's wrong with them? My most faved dev here is a pokemon fanart... I'm not quite sure why you think your interests are that "male". They aren't. But please, please tell me you don't start a conversation with a nice girl with "well, which starter-pokemon would YOU choose?"!!!!!! Pokemon is simply one of the most uninteresting topics in life ever to be thought of. What about talking about her and yourself etc? I can't say what you actually should talk about but my husband and I both love card-games like pokemon and magic, but we talked about that after a few MONTH of beeing together because there where so much better topics. If you really just can come up with pokemon etc. maybe you should think if you really want to have a relationship now. (I guess you're rather young)

Third: How old are you actually? I guess that you're pretty young. So I don't understand why you want a girlfriend so desperately. I was 19 when I got a relationship that lasted. And I was very quick. None of the relationships my classmates were in lasted for longer than a year. My mother started to go out with my father when she was 22. Most of my friends are between 22 and 30 now and neraly 2/3 of them don't have a boy/girlfriend. There are much more important thinks in life than a girlfriend. Like Life, for example.

One day, you'll find her, but stop searching and enjoy life as it is. There are so many things you can do without a girlfriend (flirting with sexy barmaids etc.), just enjoy your life.

Oh, and a cup of coffe never hurt any girl ;-)
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah... there is nothing wrong with those interests of yours, but I'm almost positive that no girl has completely the same interests he he, and it's certainly not the best way to begin a conversation with. I suggest that you start by becoming friends, talk about school? job? dreams? future? sports? movies? Girls like to talk, so simply, talk:) don't talk too much though, be a good listener too. Just let it come naturally, so what if your friends have girlfriends, it's not a competition, when the time is right, you will find a girlfriend.
:iconredpandabear97:
redpandabear97 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Find someone who is into the same things you're into. If they don't like you for who you are and what you do, they're not worth it. Everyone is different in their own way and that's what makes us humans. Try not to rush into getting a girlfriend or else you'll end up in a bad situation. Trust me, I know. If they want you then you will know. Just keep living life one step at a time!
AIRLESSTHEGOOSE Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you for the advice :3 I will definitely remember this! <3
:iconredpandabear97:
redpandabear97 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No problem! :) Never forget it! lol
:iconshogun3540:
shogun3540 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Artist
you have childrens interests (cept the metal thing)
just dont say what you're into except for the music.
and you'll be knee deep in pussy! but go for emo and
goth chicks, they like ll that pokemon shit, mine does.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Maybe you're just an unlikable person.
:iconasukakissu:
AsukaKissu Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Aw, I'm sorry your having trouble finding a girlfriend D:
I recently got my first boyfriend this year and I'm almost 18 XD
so I guess all things come with time :hug:

try finding a girl with the same interests as you! That seems to work for most people~
AIRLESSTHEGOOSE Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Aww thank you <3 and yes, I'm constantly on the look out for girls who love Pokemon. <3 Not easy to find these days lol
:iconasukakissu:
AsukaKissu Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, pokemon fans are normally difficult to find in highschool lol :P
Add a Comment: