Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

I have a crush on a guy, how can I stop this BS

:iconeclairgott:
EclairGOTT Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I really want to hang out with this guy.
My sister says I can't hang out with this guy because he's creepy and a bum, so she doesn't feel comfortable with me seeing him outside of school.
The problem is, is that I like him and he's the only friend I have at school. If it weren't for him I would have no social interaction.
I also only feel that I like him, because he's the only guy that gives me attention.
That's the only reason why I'm trying to get my sisters approval to hang with him. That is what my emotional mind is telling me to do.
But my rational mind is saying, "it's true that be bums off people because he's even tried to bum off me, he is rude to others and me"
How can I just smack myself in the face and say "I don't need this"

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Leave it be. No relationship is still way better than destructive relationship, at least the deal you get is plus-minus-zero instead of small pluses and heavy minuses.
:iconmcpikachu:
mcpikachu Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
People who bum off other people are the worst. Seriously. I know this one guy that who every time he communicates with me, it's either him asking for money, food, or a ride with no intent of any form of reimbursement. It's pathetic.

My advice is to make new friends. Don't make this guy your only social connection. It's risky and unhealthy.
EclairGOTT Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
thanks for the answer!
:iconbrunomonsterberg:
BrunoMonsterberg Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student General Artist
You could always literally smack yourself in the face and say, "I don't need this."

But you have a crush on this creepy bummy guy, no? And you're sister says no, you shouldn't hang out with this guy because he's a bum. It's nice she's offering you advice but really, it's up to you.

If you have a crush on this guy and you like him like that, then see what happens. If you don't, then move on. Do what your heart tells you. Advice is nice but ultimately, it's you who makes the decision.
that's true. Thank you!
:iconbrunomonsterberg:
BrunoMonsterberg Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
You're quite welcome.
:iconsadisticmedic:
sadisticmedic Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
remember that crushes are completely driven by hormones. and continue to think rationally.
very true. Thank you!
:icondoomblade2712:
Doomblade2712 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Well, stop being so emotional and start being more rational. That sounds harsh but you have to examine the areas that need work in your life and do something about it. Just because he's the only a$$ that gives you attention doesn't mean you have to marry him... Life can get quite lonely at times to my understanding and that need to be with someone can be pretty tough, but hang in there, the solution will come with time. I see a bigger "problem" (I don't like using the word) with you not having a circle of friends at school, there's bound to be some people you can relate to, you just gotta find them, but from what you've said it sounds like you're an introvert and it's pretty hard to just go up to some random person and chat because of that. Try hobby groups or after school things, sports, and stuff, could help~ But with all that said, it's your decision and no one should or can force you into doing things you don't want to.
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
We can't help who we fall for.
But did you fall for him? Or are you lonely?
Sit down and think long and hard about this, if you really like him for him and really want to be with him, then find a way.
If not, moving on should be easier once you realize your just lonely.
Add a Comment: