Help with life.

What do you guys do when you've been genuinely disenchanted with life and love and stop seeing beauty in the world?
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Find something new to do.
I take time for myself. Blast some tunes, go lane swimming, dick around online for a while. As long as I need to get my head back in the game; but no matter what you have to keep doing things.

The worst partner of depression is laziness - their powers combined are a force to be reckoned with.
Listen to Dar Williams and/or Owl City.
Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and smile.
Sometimes the world gives us challenges to strengthen us as people. So what you need to do now is FINE that beauty about life.
Look for it and find it. You can do it.
And getting through this rough patch will make it easier for you in the long run.
I classify my life as boring so when things that are out of the ordinary happen they're twice as interesting. When I feel down I listen to music that makes me happy. Right now I'm drinking maple syrup straight from the bottle.
Essentially, it's good to have an outlet. Find something that makes you happy, and take life one day at a time.
I would let it out, sometimes you need that. This world sucks anyways, yet there is still hope in humanity I always say
Dunno. Doesn't seem to be any point.
I became an pyro.
Go to kittenwar.com for a few hours.
Stop. Cry my heart out. Look at funny videos. Cry more....and after I cry every single tear I can for some reason I start exploding happiness again!!!!

I try to get out all that sadness built up inside me so I can make room for happiness.

>I know, really cheesy and corny, but....it's true though<

You're overthinking things. Ignorance is a bliss because ignorance allows you to see hope when it all seems so hopeless. Keep trying, rest whenever you feel like it. The world is going to continue to do what it wishes, so, if you don't want to be run over by everything that's going on, you just have to pick up your stuff and keep moving. If you stop trying now, it's not going to help you be any happier or feel any better.

:) Here: :huggle:
Make a concious effort to start looking for the beauty again.

It is still there, it is your perceptions that are off. This is A LOT easier to say than to do, and it takes practice. Now when I get down, I can turn myself around in about a day, used to take weeks.
Take a step back from it all, and maybe vent the disenchantment. Give it time, and maybe do something that makes you less disenchanted.

If it's a constant thing, then perhaps it's time to seek a therapist.
Try to fix it. I've already accepted that this world sucks, so I'm giving my all to try to better it. I guess that's the nice thing about creativity: it gives you the power to imagine a better life, so you can pursue it with everything you can muster. If I can change people's lives through my stories and works, that's all that matters. Will it happen any time soon? Probably not, but you have to start somewhere.