Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 16, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 55

Theres nothing left for me, My life is over.

:iconienjoyducks:
ienjoyducks Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Hi. I'm 14. My birthdays in 3 days, but that doesn't matter anymore. Birthdays, special occasions, none of that matters anymore. My life is over.

I used to cut myself. I couldn't deal with stress and stuff so I'd let it all out that way. But i learned it was stupid, idiotic, and dumb. It not only hurt myself but the people around me so i quit. I quit about a year ago. I was fine, i was finally getting back into living my life. I joined the marching, i met so many new people. I did so much. But there was just one thing holding me back. My scars. So I'd always keep on a jacket and be fine, but it's a lot harder than it looks. Think about it, always having to keep your arm covered everysecond, of everyday. I hated it, but it's my fault there there anyway so i dealt with it.

Recently i talked to my mom saying how i want to get them removed get a product or something. She tells me how theirs surgery to get it taken away, and i was so happy. I could just walk into a place, and boom. No more scars. So yesterday was my appointment to go talk to the plastic surgeon. In the beginning the guy is nice and is telling me how they healed very well. But then he tells me there nothing he can do. He told me all about how i have something in my genes that make me scar differently. He said the most he could do is make them dull a little. Then he went on saying how every summer when I tan they'll get darker, and reappear. So he sat there for about 30 minutes saying how there's nothing he can do. So he gives us this product that he said at most will dull it a tad, but still. I just got told that i will have to live with my scars forever. That every summer they will get darker, and that there is nothing he can do. Nothing that anyone can do.

How will I live my whole life with all these scars. I'll always get the glances. No one will ever hire me for a lob. (who would hire the girl that cuts herself). I will never even get a boyfriend, and even if i do. I could never have a family. I'm going to be all alone. Why should i even try anymore? No matter how hard i try or what i do will ever fix this. There's no hope. I've tried again and again to live a normal life but i just can't. There's no point of me being here. I'm just a waste of space now.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkha-ttana:
Kha-ttana Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
If people think negatively of you because of your scars, then they aren't worth having in your life.

I have always seen scars as proof you have been through hard times, but have made it through those hard times. Don't feel so insecure about them, most people won't treat you any differently if you have them.
:iconvanderlylebaby:
VanderlyleBaby Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I know someone who cut in the past. She has scars all up one arm. They're very visible. She makes no attempt to hide them. No-one stares. She has a boyfriend. She has friends. She's going through college. And not once have I heard her whinge like you are doing.
:iconamericangirlartist:
AmericanGirlArtist Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That sounds pretty unusual... But that doesn't mean you are waste of space now. I used to cut myself as well, I still have some of the scars. Now what is going on with your skin is probably a cancer or disease. My dad has a skin disease himself, his scars have been with him for many years, and he doesn't complain, he doesn't give up. You're a young beautiful lady, who in some lucky guys heart you just need some help. You need to keep faith, many blessings are to come to you to help you. You will probably start a very nice buisness and have children and a loving husband who will be there for you. I hope you will realise there is good and greatness in store for you
:iconmulta21:
Multa21 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey, its the beauty on the inside that counts. besides, I am in worse conditions than you.
:iconlzzec:
lzzec Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I think it is how you view those scars.

Many people probably are still hurting themselves to ease out their suffering. But you have lived and survived through it. And that is what I think most important than how people will look at you. No doubt the scars bear a painful reminder of your past but look on it another way, it can also be a living testimony of how you survived and started anew.

People may judge you but you must not sway to their views. When they question you, speak to them bravely. Clear them of any misunderstanding. Show them that those scars no longer represents insecurity, defeat but rather survival, the sign of a new beginning. After all these are old scars. It is not like they are fresh. So basically, it just speaks of a painful past, history, and nothing of the present or future.

So, be strong. Life is more than just scars.
:iconvulpimo:
Vulpimo Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
You are too young to say that there is nothing more.

'Think about it, always having to keep your arm covered everysecond, of everyday.' What is so hard about it? Want some tips?

'No one will ever hire me for a lob. (who would hire the girl that cuts herself)' The problem at hand is too common to say that. Do you know how many people do that? I do it, 5 other people I met did it too, half of the people that write about their problems say that this is one of the solutions they used... Why would someone deny hiring a girl with scars?
:icon2lazy2talk:
2lazy2talk Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
there's this snail cream that it's used for imperfections in your body. I remember them saying that it worked for scars aswell. It might be a good try.
Also, ever heard of those bracelets things that tennis players wear? It might be a option for you, specialy in hotter days.
:iconmeemie7:
Meemie7 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."
Albert Einstein

The scars on your arms perhaps may not heal, but the scars in your heart will.

So what if you have a few marks? For all others know, they could be from anything.

Your arms are not what's important. What's important is YOU. You can heal if you haven't already. Once the scars in your heart heals, the ones on your arm won't matter to yourself or anyone else.

Safe travels, my friend
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
"This is your life: from where you are now you can't even begin to imagine what the bottom will feel like."
:iconrif777:
RIF777 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
of course you can go on with your life.
People on here understand, people outside of here will too :heart:
Add a Comment: