My younger friend is in love?.... What the heck!

I have a younger friend, she is like a little sister to me, and on Monday I found out something shocking.
She is in love with my younger enemy and he is in love with her back.

So I have been discussing this with my friends, including her.

I don't think she is quite ready for a relationship, or what comes with a relationship. I know these things from self experiences.

She needs to grow up a bit before she can have a relationship. I haven't completely cause I don't want to grow up but I want to grow up, I'm stupid like that.

And I don't want to feel like she is right next to me in life, she just isn't ready. And since we treat eachother like sisters, I don't wanna feel like she's groing up, cause I am like her big sister. Now me and my actual sister aren't as close, my actual sister is 3 years older than me, and my sister doesn't care much about me anymore, and ever since, I have wanted to be like a true big sister, my friend is the closest little sister I have. And I just don't think she's ready. What is your opinion?
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
who are you to say wether or not she is ready?
I guess i'm a little but.....
You got to let it happen.
judging by your journal you sound like an ass anyway. Let her do what she wants to
I sense a bit of competition or jealousy, but I could be wrong, so don't take it personally.

My advice is to let her learn from her own experience, and not to interfere in her life. Be there for her if she needs it, but don't butt in. Also, you said she needs to grow up before having a relationship, and while that could be true, the best way for her to grow up is to learn from experience. Having a relationship could mean gaining the experience and wisdom she needs in the future, it could make her realize that she doesn't want a relationship yet. It could end up being a positive learning experience, and you don't want to deprive her of that. You also don't want to do anything that could push her away.
WOAH THERE. I noticed in the comments that you said she was 11. That makes things slightly different. I believe 11 is a bit young for a relationship, but if it's what she wants to do, she can try it out. BUT, where she's that young, it's certainly not a bad idea for you to watch out for her. I would actually suggest it. At her age, she needs someone watching out for her. Kids these days are growing up super fast. I would keep an eye on her, but do it in a way it won't be obvious to her. You don't want her to think that you think she's stupid or something. That's how I felt sometimes when my older siblings tried to help me out, but in the end I realized they had good intentions and were just trying to help.

Out of curiosity, how old is the person she wants a relationship with? I would be super cautious if that person is older than her, that could mean bad news.
He just barely turned 12
That's better than him being much older. Older guys are more likely to take advantage of younger girls.
I understand why you want to watch out for her, and it's honestly not a bad idea. She's very young, and needs someone to look out for her. Just do it in a way that doesn't make her feel uncomfortable or threatened.
Okay, thank you so much :)
Just watch it all out on the sidelines, no need to get involved.
So.. your friend is 11 years old?

Okay.. :stare: then just play your role as the supportive big sister. Give her 'the talk' about relationships and all that jazz..
But don't try to intervene with her relationship. It's best if she learns by experience ;)
So... you are 13yrs old... right? And if your friend is younger than you... then yeah, she's still REALLY young for love.. :P
Someone who knows what I am talking about!
Ouch. There's really nothing you can tell her that will make her suddenly see reason. And nothing's really happened yet--it's just a crush. Unless she's in danger or you suspect an abusive relationship is developing, I think you should just let her learn from her own mistakes. You're certainly justified in letting her know your opinion and a brief explanation, but if she thinks you're trying to tell her what to do, it might drive the two of you apart.
Alright, just chill and play some Slender like me
Lots of people giving you the same advice over and over again? I understand. :)
I think it's too early to say that she is in love, I'd bet she likes someone, which is normal even at a younger age. And what's wrong with that? maybe you are like sisters, but you shouldn't take it personally, such things happen and age doesn't matter. I have older friends that never experienced any kind of relationship, but I have been into relationships since a young age. And besides, I don't think that her relationship will be serious, it will probably be sweet just like it is at that age, hugs and kisses, you just want to be with that person that you like, it doesn't have to mean more than that. If you don't accept this then she will probably go behind your back, and it's better that you let her know that she could come to you for advice then, even if you aren't much older than her, but still, a bit. Let her be happy, of course protect her if things go wrong, and be there for her, but let her experiment, let her experience, she is very young, she still learns, and she will learn more within time. Think of it as an interesting period, she will come and talk to you about him, and you will learn more too:)
I will let her try this experience, well I most certainly will protect her if things do go wrong.
Her life, her choices. Stay out of it.
Short, simple, I will do my best
How old is she?
She is 11...why do you wanna know?
Cause you said she was younger,you didn't say how longer,and 11 is only 2 year younger then you so i don't really see the big problem.
:facepalm: just forget about it, she is my responsability when she is around, and I am aware of what I must do