Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Okay I suck...skipping class

:iconclchriskl:
Clchriskl Nov 15, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm skipping class again. I know it's bad, I know I shouldn't and everytime I do my grade drops, but I couldn't help but get tied into... personal projects. Sigh.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconredmarlin:
Well what do you think we're going to say to you?
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I started skipping classes and it ruined my entire life. I failed out of college, lost my home, lost my job, gained a ton of weight and now have severe major depressive disorder and live with my mom. It was the beginning of the worst thing that ever happened to me.
:iconpandaharen:
Skipping classes doesn't make your grades drop (unless you have to be on every single one to get your grade), not doing the things you're supposed to do in class makes your grade drop.

I don't know about other places, but where I live (oh, and at college) you don't have to go to a single class (unless there is something special like a workshop or a presentation) as long as you do the things you're supposed to do in class or manage to learn things to a test in some other way.

Study rather than feeling bad for skipping classes.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Nov 15, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm with ~Narkya here. I don't know what you want us to say considering you don't give us enough context.
:iconoh-cherie-cherie:
Oh-Cherie-Cherie Nov 15, 2012  Student General Artist
What are your personal projects?
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Nov 15, 2012   Digital Artist
Eh, I skip all the time. Sometimes for a whole month at a time.
It's whatever you can pull off.
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Nov 15, 2012  Student General Artist
prioritize... there are some things you must do, whether you like it or not. You can't always choose.
:iconrequiemachina:
I skipped class one...two...three...four...times or so. But that's just a guesstimate.

Don't. do it.

Pass your classes, don't get shitted on just because you skipped class.

Plus, it's like boring. Trrust me.
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Nov 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
if i had the technology these kids have nowadays i probably would never go back to school lol but yea on a serious note if you arent in college at least make sure you are keeping up with your absences so you dont have to repeat. but everybody needs a break now and then in reality after being an artist myself and currently in college/Marines i dont see the point of college unless you are going to be a doctor, lawyer, or some other blue collar job. I mean seriously i was gifted and self taught myself through life so school was never hard but in the art world you will get hired off of a portfolio from a private school or tech school faster than a 4 year degree. im taking graphic design at Auburn University and got one year left. My portfolio is only good because i draw all sorts of things but if i go off of what i attained at college i doubt i would get hired these stupid traditional schools spend wayyyy too much time on academics and dont give a damn about your art major, unless you go to SCAD
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Nov 15, 2012  Student Interface Designer
What a waste of money.
Add a Comment: