My girlfriend posing as single on dating site

I'm dating a girl, met her on a dating site actually.

We've been in a relationship for a few months. It's been going well, we've had only a few arguments which were not so bad, I've met her parents and they've taken a liking to me.

She did once tell me I could hook up with other girls if I wanted to, which I thought was odd of her to say and after talking to her about it, she started crying and telling me she believed other girls would be better for me than her.

Anyway,

The other day I happened upon her on a different dating site, with recent pictures, logged in recently and saying she is single.

I've ruled out directly confronting her about it because it would possibly bring out insecurities or something, and just make things worse

"Why are you stalking me?" "what are YOU doing on that dating site?"

Anyway, I wonder maybe she's lining up her rebounds in case I leave her? Or maybe she's looking for someone who she'll be more interested in, and leave me once she's found him?

Or maybe she just wants to have guys tell her shes cute, because she is the type who needs people to reassure her to make her feel pretty, and she openly admits it.

She's a pretty good girlfriend otherwise and is considerate for the most part. Not very good at the sneaking around though lol.

What would you guys do in this situation?
Comments97
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If someone I was with posed as single on a dating site, I would leave the relationship. I would see it as being with me not mattering enough for them to not do that. Wanting guys to tell her she's cute is not an excuse to me, it's just unacceptable. I personally would confront her. I mean, it's a relationship, you have to be able to confront her about it. If I was you I would just move on though...
You just leave it...

[link]
well you are kinda being friendzone,or just being used I guess,there are many girls out there,it would take some time discover "your true lover" you just have to enjoy your life first.
"I'm dating a girl, met her on a dating site actually."
~sashafasha in My girlfriend posing as a single on dating site

"The other day I happened upon her on a different dating site, with recent pictures, logged in recently and saying she is single. "
~sashafasha in My girlfriend posing as a single on dating site

Guess how this ends. ROLL OVER FOR A SPOILER!!!

you can confront her by saying one of your friends happened upon her profile
She's not into you. Sorry.
you're right, she broke up with me. It's okay, I was on a date a few days ago, and have a date with someone else tomorrow. I'll be fine
leave her treacherous ass
Maybe she feels you don't like her, try to show more interest.
So... You were also on a dating site?

Maybe worry about yourself, before you worry about her.
Leave. Blunt, but the right thing to do.
Hit the eject button and when you land, don't stop running.
(and then bang her friends)
Yeah she wanted to break up with me.

her friends are ugly. I had a date with one girl and am going on another date tomorrow with someone else. I'm good.
It's not about them being ugly, it's about conquering a few more lands before you're totally done with her:P
Get the hell out. You have a continent's worth of red flags staring you in the face.
yeah she wanted to break up with me. I have a date with a girl tomorrow anyway, and went on a date with another girl the other day. I'm not looking back lol
Sorry to hear that she was doing this behind your back and too cowardly to tell you the truth about her feelings. My girlfriend did the same, pretending to be insecure but then strung me along for months. But you deserve someone who's honest and committed to you, and mature enough to tell you if she doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore, I hope you come along someone a lot better than her!
Yeah, I finally called her and told her she was being distant lately, and she told me she wanted to break up. She didn't give a very good explanation, and just said she lost feelings. I didn't know how to react so I wrote her a letter asking her to explain more, because I didn't want the relationship to end.

I also brought up the dating site thing. She admitted she was on it because she liked compliments.
Sounds a lot like how things were going with my girlfriend for months, she was distant all the time and I had to end it. It appears she isn't ready for a committed relationship - you have to love yourself and have confidence in order to be able to love and support another person. Insecurities will always cause major problems.

I have an OK Cupid account myself and it's nice to talk to others on it, but when I was dating, I made sure to say so. The fact that she marked herself as single while still dating you is unfaithful and wrong, in my opinion. If she was confident and secure, then she wouldn't need to have strangers to tell her she's attractive. I wish you the best, sometimes moving on is the best option.
I would forget about it.

Well that's not the truth, I wouldn't have been snooping anyways. I either trust the person I am with or I am not with them. If they choose to hide something from me, then I trust that decision. I don't need to know absolutely everything they are thinking and doing, I only need to trust them [and they me].
This is pretty much resolved, she wanted to break up with me, and was on the site for compliments.
You liked the wrong person.
The other day I happened upon her on a different dating site
Wait, what were you doing on a dating site? :O

Now I have this story in mind: The protagonist finds his girlfriend on a dating site, and decides to toy around with her using a fake account, finally arranging a rendezvous, where he confesses his love to her once again. The girl bursts out in tears and loves him forever after. :love:

Of course, I don't mean that it would turn out like this. Many dark secrets could be revealed to you, and she might not find it as romantic as it seems by the above description. Reality might simply suck balls, man. :(