Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

I don't know what to do anymore...

:iconsunsfall24:
sunsfall24 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Ok, so recently I've been looking for what school I'll be going to next year. For the past three years I've been wanting to go to Duglas Anderson school of the arts, so I can follow the best path for my dreams :) . Now I realize that if I do that, I will be leaving all my friends and possibly creating a hole for myself socialwise :( , so I'm thinking of going to Mandrain High instead. This will put me farther from my dreams, but keep me with my best friends for life. It would also keep me with the one person who loves me. Now here's the question.

I have to apply for both. So which school should I go to? Duglas Anderson, for my dreams? Or Mandrian, for my friends?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Most of the time, friends are not forever. Especially high school friends. There were people in high school that I loved to death and "knew" would be my friends forever. Three years later, I don't talk to any of them anymore. After high school, everyone goes off and takes their own path. People grow apart. It sucks, but it's life. Choose your dreams. That is by far the best thing you can do for yourself. It will last a lifetime and will benefit you the most. You have all the time in the world to make new friends, and of course with computers and such you can still keep in contact with the ones you have now.
:iconshogun3540:
shogun3540 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Artist
yeah coz high school friends are forever
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
My opinion would be that you should choose your dreams first. Think about it, if you stay for your friends, and then you have a fight or something and suddenly you realize that you stayed for their sake and 'ruined' your future, you will blame them for your loss. Follow your path, even if it leads you far from you friends. I kinda felt the same when it was time for me to choose my career, not exactly under the same circumstances (distance), but I still can understand what you mean, it kinda felt the same when I thought about studying in University and I knew that I wanted a different career path than the rest of my classmates, something new, extraordinary, not like any other career. It's always like that, you are in a group and you feel that you have many things in common, then suddenly your path changes, you must choose. I chose my path, and haven't regretted it. And think about it, friends come and go, sometimes you think that you will stick together for life, but it doesn't turn out that way. Your career is going to be your life, choose carefully, don't let anything come between. I know people in my life that have grabbed loans and traveled abroad in order to build a bright future, they left everything behind them, and made new friends there. Sometimes you have to let something behind you, in order to embrace something new :) and you can still keep contact with them, you know how popular social media is today? ^^
:icondawndancer11:
DawnDancer11 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I would choose Douglas - if they really are best friends for life,distance won't matter.
A few years ago I was faced with a similar problem - I passed the entry test for a Grammar School,but it was over an hour away from where we lived.That wasn't a problem for transport,we moved house.I found that although I miss my best friend,I have made a few more friends for life.
:iconravien93:
Ravien93 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Douglas for your dreams. I moved away from my country (Ireland to England) to go and do the course at uni that I really want, I left everyone behind. Yes, I was sad but guess what...I'm having the time of my life here! I'm still skyping my friends, I'm going to see them all for Christmas too. I love every single day I've spent here so far and met so many awesome people, I feel like I'm literally in love with everyone. :heart:
It's just such an amazing experience to start somewhere completely new.

Don't ever tie your happiness to people. How will you feel is something happens between you and your friends? You'll have nothing left. Go and chase your dreams because no matter how crap your life may get, no matter how crushed you may feel, you'll always have your dreams to keep you going. :)
:iconahkward:
Ahkward Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
If they are really your friends, they will stay your friens, even after you move. If you staya for your friends, they might be the one thing that ends up holding you back. Besides, you will make more friends when you move. Friends alwys come and go. It's a part of life.
:iconmidwinter-sun:
Midwinter-sun Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
No matter which school you go to, your friends and you will drift apart to some extent and you won't be as close as you are now. You are young and when people are young, they change very rapidly, and this affects the friendship. But the thing that won't change is the dream, what you want to do with your life. This will stay. If you feel passionate about something, art in your case, this won't ever go away. And if you divert from this path now, you'll most probably be sorry later.

Go to Douglas Anderson. Friends are not that easily lost. And if they are, then they weren't meant to be a part of your life.
:iconthenecco:
TheNecco Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Real friends don't disappear when you move away. If they do, they weren't good friends to begin with
:iconivorysinkshore:
ivorysinkshore Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Writer
Follow your dreams. Your dreams will always be there and chances are your friends won't always be there, especially if you're a high school grad.
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Go for the school that helps you achieve your dreams so Duglas Anderson. It may seem hard, but people always make new friends... =P
Add a Comment: