Is this normal?

You already know if you are my friend, that, I had a sick and twisted love for seriously grotesque things. I can read gore at ease (and I enjoy it), I have a love for blood and I get desires to hurt myself just so I can see it, and I highly DISLIKE girly things (well, besides for MLP x3)... even ask MMDLover512, she'll tell you that I tried to turn all our ocs insane, which is true, I wanted them to be just plain messed up. And nearly all my favorite characters are insane... and I've noticed its getting more serious than just liking it, too. Its more of "I get excited whenever I see my nose bleeding or a cut in my arm". I hate myself for liking these things, too...
Is this normal? Is it just a phase? Am I okay? How can I stop it?
Comments67
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If it's just fascination and not a fetish that's okay. If you won't hurt yourself or others that is okay.
I'd say it's normal kinda, everyone has odd fascinations.

I am fascinated by serial killers, but I don't want to be or meet one.
i think having a fascination with gore is not bad, as long as you dont purposely harm your self to see blood. if that happens i suggest getting help; self harm is not okay : (
Its alright, as long as you don't enjoy seeing blood of your own too often, you'll be alright. No, its not normal, but niether is me having paranormal experiences all my life and no one in my family has themselves. Your just normal in your own "jacked up" ways(or "bucked up" in brony terms)
Nothing wrong with having dark desires, as long you practice them safely.
Don't worry, you're just a fucked up psychotic bitch. As long as you don't self harm.

[link]
I wrote an anthem to this site.
Used to be my home for two years.
I started the MLP gore thread on the /fur/ board.
I'm currently writing an MLP horror fic.
They also have a discussion board to tell about their social issues involving their fucked up shit.

Any more questions?
Whatever floats your boat, is the way I look at it.

Blood, gore, macabre, sadistic and just plain fuked up sht's always been right up my alley, but I've never wanted to hurt myself just to see it.
Pls Contact to any speciallist Doctor. He examine and tell what problem with him.
Pls Contact to any speciallist Doctor. He examine and tell what problem with him.
Do you get sexually aroused with this stuff?
Do you wish to inflict harm on others just to see it?
Then don't worry.
Consider careers that has to deal with blood.
Like a Blood Spatter Analyst? :P
Exactly.
Be like Dexter. :la:
Just don't kill people.
You should definitely aspire to become a CSI or pathologist.
That way you'll be able to work and do what interests you.

:)
Oooh that does sound like an interesting and exciting job!
Yep, and all the gore and blood and guts and murder you can handle! :lol:
My rule is that if it doesn't directly or indirectly hurt anyone including yourself, go crazy.
Comment Flagged as Spam
I really hope its not a fetish!
And I will try not to hurt anyone
Comment Flagged as Spam
Well, nothing is wrong with fetishes, but what I meant was that I hope blood isn't one of my fetishes
It is not abnormal, just unusual.