Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

my close friend's harsh life ... advice, maybe?

:iconkkrarw:
kkrarw Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
it really upsets me to talk about this, but i feel like i cant talk to anyone. like Anyone. its kindof getting to me. maybe anonymously someone can give me some advice D'x

i have a friend, lets say her name is Nancy :s ive known her for a few years now and weve gotten really close. throughout those years she has told some bad things about her life.

one of the first things i was told about was her little brother, who died in an accident when he was really young

as a kid her and her step sister were sexually molested by a family friend. i dont know too much of the details. ive heard the word 'rape' when this was being explained to me but i dont know if it was actually Rape. i dont like thinking about it. her step sister told someone eventually and he was arrested and is now a sex offender. her family moved away after that and he still lives back where they used to live. which me and her visited a few months ago and when he was barely brought up it upset her a lot.
when i first heard about this, someone made a rape joke when she was already upset (he didnt know about it) and she burst into tears and a little later that night i was told.

she doesnt know her dad, she lives with her mom and her sister
her stepdad was around when her sister was born. and this disgusting human being was terrible. he was physically and verbally abusive. he put a gun to her sisters head at one point. i dont hear a lot about him but what i have heard is just awful. they got divorced a long time ago and he has been gone since.

a while back, before i knew her she dated this guy, i heard about him too, he was also a pathetic criminal dick. he broke into stores at night and stole constantly, also during the day he just stole whatever all the time. he punched her in the face, choked her. when she tried breaking up with him he would just tell her no. more recently she told me about a time where there were a lot of friends at her house. he was mad usually because she isnt a very sexual person so he found her in the bathroom and forced himself on her and did things to her. she was too afraid to tell any kindof authority. i asked her when she told me and she really really didnt want to, because of being traumatized from already going to court for that type of thing as a kid. he lives around her town still apparently, somewhere. i cant even stand it. apparently ive been around him several times but back when i didnt know who he was. that drives me crazy.

sometimes, i just dont know what to do. if i think about it at all it devestates me and sometimes its really hard to not think about it. it just easily upsets me. i care about her so much, were really close and ive told her many times how much she means to me and im always there for her, and i am.
i dont know ... if anyone has any kindof advice i would appreciate it..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmonkeydoodles:
monkeydoodles Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Your friend really needs to talk to a professional. Be there for her and let her know you support her but don't try to fix her life yourself.
:iconkonata101:
Konata101 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think you can start by not publishing such private information of hers on a public forum.
:iconuniversalkiwi:
UniversalKiwi Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be helpful-- this story sounds very personal. A story of this severity is best to tell a therapist, not random people on the internet.

The Help With Life section is generally friendlier than the mooks in the Complaints section, but this is more likely to attract negative attention. I've also noticed your account is very new. You could be new to deviantart and unaware of how things generally work around here, and this is an awkward start.

Some people start up new accounts just to troll people. I really hope you're not trolling, because this would be one of the lowest methods of doing so.

Since I'm feeling sympathetic today, I could give some advice. It takes a ton of courage to escape from an abusive relationship, because quite a few women have lost support of their friends. Continue supporting your friend, she really needs it. The police may have to get involved again, regardless of how scary she finds the idea. That guy deserves to be behind bars.
:iconpopaganda77:
popaganda77 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Photographer
tl;dr: Probably ugly chick makes bad decisions and can't figure out how to stop
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Dickface. It doesn't matter what she looks like or if she's dumb as a rock, no one deserves rape and abuse. So why don't you go choke on your own cum and make the world a better place.

Good day.
:iconthenecco:
TheNecco Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Uh, that's a lot of stuff.

Just be there for her. Don't involve yourself with her problems as her problems are for her to deal with, not you. Just be supportive and that's it

I don't really know what you specifically need help with
Add a Comment: