Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Hello, problems basically.

:iconronin-kin:
Ronin-kin Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
I have depression anxiety and a slew of other things that aren't mental. Anyway I am usually a happy person ya know? But, for the last half a year I get so p*sed off when I try to draw that I want to smash my head agaisnt the counter..I don't know what is wrong with me, I can't draw as good as I should beable to nor that I used to beable to. I just.. I don't know whats wrong with me. Any one have any ideas? I look at my drawings and I just..There shit! I sound mental.I don't have any problems except drawing, I feel cursed so to speak.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongabe-seers:
gabe-seers Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Taking a short break is always a good idea. I also get those moods when your creative outlet just can't release all that pent up energy and frustration. There's no point forcing yourself to draw when the mood just isn't there. Try talking to your friends or family about your feelings, catch a movie or two; whatever it takes to relax. We learn better when we aren't feeling stressed or anxious ;)
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Take a break from drawing. Think things through, get back to it with a fresh set of ideas and clean head.
:icondancingintwilight:
DancingInTwilight Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
Be sad, for a minute or a day or a week. Then take one person in your head, real or imaginary. and draw something for them and take alllll the time you need
:iconmellish:
Mellish Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I've got similar mental stuff as you, and I can tell you something I've learned is that anxiety and OCD (I don't know if you have that) and depression often coincide with extreme perfectionism. It's something to work on, mentally. Give yourself freedom to draw crappy on scrap paper, and take time to appreciate that no one person can ever be perfect, or even close to it. I know how hard it is, the anxiety really plays it up. Of course it is important to study to improve, but you will have to take the extra step to try to relax and tell yourself that improvement is slow and that you are getting better, even if you can't see it day to day. Meditation is working really well for me, I recommend it. I've read that mindfulness meditation is actually something psychologists are more frequently suggesting to people with GAD and OCD, as well as PTSD and even ADD and ADHD. With daily practice, you eventually build the skill to be at peace with yourself and let go of frustrating, frightening or depressing thoughts before they take over and throw you into a fit of despair. It's tough, but worth it! You are on your own journey, and with the stuff going on in your mind, you will probably need to take extra steps to learn how to relax and give yourself a break.
:iconlong-range-engage:
Long-Range-Engage Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Aye, I've had that feeling several times actually, and ended up taking a break from Drawing to explore new things
pretty much every time. If ur drawing for fun, and it's doing the opposite, just take a break neh? And I mean like a longer
break, not a couple hours. Go find your other talents, or at least do something else that makes ya Happy. Then when
you feel like you're ready to go back, do so. And if that doesnt work, try changing up your style a bit, I find favoring
more stylized and cartoony pics puts the fun back into drawing :D Good Luck Brother.
Ronin-kin Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
Your pretty smart man :) Thank you I have been doing that when it gets too hard, I go play piano, look at other drawings, play games etc,etc. Which has been working great :) Thank you man! ^^ Everyone in this forum has been so helpful I am actually in disbelief, when I put this down I didn't think I would get anything more then the "Fix what the problem is" I got the only other time I asked someone about this. Thank you all!
:iconlong-range-engage:
Long-Range-Engage Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
Anytime, brother. Glad you're gettin' along better then :D
Aye, we're got a fine community here.
:iconstreaked-silver:
Streaked-Silver Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey..i feel the same way about how my art is now, its so hard for me to get a work done, i see so much in my head, but i cant draw (had about 2 years of no practice) as well as my now mature mind can produce.

Its frustrating, and sadly the only thing i can say is "keep practicing" you gotta understand that you won't get where you want to be unless you work to get there.

and..i dun know.. i still think your stuff you've submitted is pretty good.
Ronin-kin Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
Yeah...Well I h ave realized I have to stop judging my self and holding myself to stuff and just draw.. And thanks man, you should just go back to drawing, don't even think about what is bad with the pic and such just draw, :) its been a while.
:iconstreaked-silver:
Streaked-Silver Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
it has. XD I'm working on a group picture at the moment.

and glad you found out for your self
Add a Comment: