Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 57

Help desperately needed. Conflict with myself. I feel horrible :((((((((

:iconbetweenskill:
BetweenSkill Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Writer
I am really having some real internal conflicts right now. My girlfriend of almost 5 months is shaving all her hair off to go Bald for Bucks. Her hair is being donated to Locks for Love and the the bald part is to help raise money for cancer. She got the idea from one of her friends who recently did it and she is going to do it in front of the entire school on December 21st during a pep rally. I love her so much, but i just have this problem with having a bald girlfriend who is choosing to be bald. She is beautiful inside and out and always makes me smile, but i can't bring myself to focus on what it will be like after she gets shaved. She is already getting a ton of shit for it and me too. She knows i don't want her to go completely bald and she is really upset. I've told her I'm always behind her 100% even if I don't agree with her always. I know I'm being really selfish and superficial but it is just really messing with my head. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm really desperate :tears:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
If you get that upset over a small thing like your girlfriend shaving her head you will have hell when you guys get serious problems.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Filmographer
Eh, if you're shallow enough for this to affect your relationship, then more fool you. If you're not supportive of her and think she'll still be beautiful, then I'm pretty sure there's someone out there who will.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'm afraid that's her decision and you'll just have to respect her for that.
You'll eventually get use to it and then, before you know it, her hair'll be back. :)
:iconda1withdalongestname:
Sounds like you're not that 100%

If you love her for her, you wouldn't care if she's hairless. I can understand why she's not happy with your reaction to her trying to shave herself.

Instead of telling her you don't like her being bald, tell her it bothers you a bit, it makes you discomfort by how much it weird you out.

The rest, is pretty much how you tell her really. You can't just flat out telling her that anyway.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
That's it? Wow.
:iconthenecco:
TheNecco Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Omg it's not that big of an issue. it's HAIR it grows back. Een if she died in a horrible shaving accident her hair would still grow back.

I would hate to be your girlfriend.

I wish my problems were as simple as yours hahaha
:iconmartinoice:
Martinoice Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hair is so trivial so to make you understand how ridiciolus this sounds to me i will do this:

I am really having some real internal conflicts right now. My girlfriend of almost 5 months is cutting all her "nails" to go "Short for Bucks". Her "Nails" is being donated to "Nails for Love" and the the "short nails" is to help raise money for "people who dont have nails". She got the idea from one of her friends who recently did it and she is going to do it in front of the entire school on December 21st during a pep rally. I love her so much, but i just have this problem with having a girlfriend who is choosing to "have short nails". She is beautiful inside and out and always makes me smile, but i can't bring myself to focus on what it will be like after she "gets them clipped". She is already getting a ton of shit for it and me too. She knows i don't want her to go completely "short nails" and she is really upset. I've told her I'm always behind her 100% even if I don't agree with her always. I know I'm being really selfish and superficial but it is just really messing with my head. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm really desperate

It is a ridicioulus topic, it is sad that this is an issue in your life and you need to build a bridge and get the fuck over it. The girl is shaving her hair to support cancer in todays society where you apperantly can't for the love of god do that. Be proud, you boob.
:iconmonkeydoodles:
monkeydoodles Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
It's her hair, she can do whatever she wants with it. The both of you need to get into therapy ASAP, for the depression and self-harming issues. That's far more important than the hair issue.
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm not sure what the problem is. Men do horrific things with your hair/body hair/facial hair all the time and expect us to put up with it. I think beards are just about the grossest thing ever and I would prefer a guy not to have one but if I loved someone and he insisted upon growing a beard I wouldn't dump him over it.

...I just might not kiss him as much. :lol:
:iconravynnenevyrmore:
RavynneNevyrmore Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Sorry, that should have said "men do horrific things with their hair." I wrote "you men" first intending to sound sassy and then changed it because I figured it wasn't fair to attribute the actions of a group to an individual.
Add a Comment: