Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

I like him, but he likes her. :/

:iconamaya-hikari:
Amaya-Hikari Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So, I'm in the eighth grade and there's this guy I like. He's tall, blonde, on the football team and super cute, but I wouldn't necessarily say he's popular. He completely ignores me, and I try to ignore him to make my crush not so obvious because I don't wanna get rejected.

The problem is that he likes one of the "popular" girls who is playing hard to get and I know, because I observe them from afar like some sort of creepy stalker (lol). And I have 2 classes with him and I sometimes see him at lunch, but he's always sitting with the popular girls and their wannabes.

At some point, I started thinking "maybe I'm too weird" "maybe I'm not pretty enough" "maybe I'm not skinny enough" "maybe I'm not good enough", but I'm tired of stressing and chasing after something that I might not ever have.

What should I do? :(

Devious Comments

:icontachy-on:
Tachy-on Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
:lock: by request of OP
:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
and plus your young lol even if it doesnt work out with him, there will be plenty more guys :) but you must come out of that shell ^^
i know how you feel. it was hard for me to start a convo too O.o

but sometimes you just have to DO IT. take risks! :) it makes things exciting! ^_^
and dont be jelous of that chick, she sounds like one of those "fake" girls am i right? well first, get her out of you mind. focus on him. you have to start talking to him if you want him to notice you. get outta that shell. trust me ive been in a shell when i was in 8th grade, starting 9th i started to come out and even more as i went on. but take your chance and talk to him, dnt stress yourself out with those thought, just take action and talk to him :] like in class or something. if you think hes a sweet kid with real feelings then he will talk to you.
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
i would just talk to him about class stuff just so he knows u exist
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You'll have a thousand crushes in your life time, give your time and energy to that guy who you maybe ignoring but he totes fancies you. People just don't notice sometimes.
I understand that and maybe I just need to get his attention some way.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Why? What would that achieve? he is CLEARLY not interested. Move on already.
she is too shy to say anything.
:iconstupidstudios:
StupidStudios Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
If you won't talk to him he'll never know you even exist, that's how it is. It's not that he thinks stuff of you: he doesn't think of you, because he doesn't know you at all.
Plus, I don't think it's worth it. Do what you got to do, or leave it.
I'm to scared to actually talk to him because I think I might make an idiot out of myself. >.<
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Well, it's not like you have to go up to him and say, "We're perfect for each other, I have a huge crush on you, let's go out!!11!!"

It sounds like you have a crush on a guy you've barely ever even spoken to or know anything about. Just approach him like you would any other person--be friendly, be yourself, talk about things you'd normally talk about. When you talk to any other new person, do you worry they'll think you're an idiot too?

If you get to know him more, you'll either become more comfortable around him or realize you don't like him all that much after all.
That's probably what my case is. I wanna know if he's the one or not,but that's pretty much for me to decide, right?
:iconstupidstudios:
StupidStudios Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Then you'll never get to know him and he won't even know you exist :)
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So you're not willing to talk to him, but you want him to notice you? You can't have it both ways.
You have a point, but I'm to shy to talk to him. :/
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Then he's not going to know you exist. your options are to step out of your comfort zone or try and get over him. He's not going to pay attention to you simply for existing.
I just don't wanna come off as a total weirdo when I talk to him. Maybe we could just be friends, I don't know. :/
:iconpirate-marylin-the-m:
Pirate-Marylin-the-M Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012   Traditional Artist
Have you tried to talk with him yet? And I do not mean like telling him you like him in that way, but more about general things. Maybe you could sit next to him in one of the two classes you have with him and start a conversation about e.g. something thats going on in the class or in school. Just keep it casual. Two outcomes are possible, he either
- Talks back (yeah)
- Still ignores you.
The latter indicates he obviously is to narrowminded to step outside his comfort zone and talk to people that do not fall in the "popular" category. This is his lost and you are better of without him.
I'm too shy to talk to him because I really like him, but I might not be what he's looking. :/
:iconpirate-marylin-the-m:
Pirate-Marylin-the-M Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012   Traditional Artist
I understand. Maybe it helps to think about what the worst thing is that could happen.
Just say something about uhm... that math is really hard (almost everyone agrees on that, so that makes it a more accessible topic). Worst thing that could happen at that moment is that he looks at you and after that ignores you. In that case you have the answer that he is not worth it, and everything goes back to normal.
What also could help in this case is talking with a friend about (again a general) topic and than just casually turn toward him and ask him what he thinks. This way he looks like an ass if he reacts in a mean or rejecting way, and you can continue the conversation with your friend like nothing happened.
Believe me (this coming from a shy person herself) it does get so much better in the future!
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Okay for one you are 13 and have plenty of time for love in your future, for now think about what kind of career you might want to take your mind off him otherwise you will get too stressed. So just take your mind off him and think of something else for a while.
My older sister is in college right now and it made me think about how I've always wanted to be an artist and I keep pushing myself to get there, but I keep doubting myself. >.<
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Dont doubt yourself just draw and draw.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I think you should just forget about him, and move on there. It doesn't seem as if he's interested at all and you're doing yourself further mental/emotional injury chasing something that isn't going to happen. You're in eighth grade and have plenty of time to find plenty of people.

But yeah, otherwise it's not really worth it.
Yeah, I thought about that. My grades are slipping as well, but ever since my little sister was diagnosed with diabetes, I haven't been able to think straight and I keep thinking about suicide and cutting.
You should talk to someone about it, perhaps a friend, or a family member?
I talked to my friend about it and she told me that I should probably let him go, but I can't get him off my mind.
You have to want to get him off your mind to get him off your mind there. Say to yourself that you want him off your mind, and that you'll be moving on. Then, keep yourself busy and focus on other things.
Add a Comment: