I can't speak!?

I don't know whats wrong with me, I can't start conversations unless I'm spoken to. Either I'm nervous or I can't think of anything to say.... even then I can't hold a conversation.

I honestly can't! :(
Comments58
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
"It is the province of knowledge to speak and the privilege of wisdom to listen." -:iconsixthdoctorplz:
You probable don't want to hear this, but It will probable get better with time. Don't try and think of something to say, just let it pour out.
Nothing's "wrong" with you,you're probably just a little shy,like so many others in this world :) There are 2 types of people,those who start a conversion and those who wait to be approched first...what if we would all start talking at the same time,it would be a mess xD I'm sure you'll built up your confidence with time, when you're approached just sway along with it and everything will run smooth.
Speak to your doctor, see a counsellor perhaps.
The last counselor I had said she was gonna go on vacation and never came back. We asked around and they sad she quit her job. :(
Why exactly do you get nervous? Do you know?
I've been home schooled for some time now.... I haven't really talked to anyone besides my momter and brother.... I get nervous and sometimes I can't speak. ^^;
Home schooling is not good for social interaction, in fact it stunts social skills. You may get a better education but at what cost?
I feel the same way... my mother does this because after she and my dad got divorced, she didn't want me getting separated from her in any way possible. DX
That doesn't quite tell me why you get nervous. I'm thinking insecurity. You know, you're worried about sounding stupid or something.

Insofar as that's true, my advice is to intentionally say stupid shit to people. Not at a job interview or anything, but if you don't have to worry about consequences too much just say inane things and you'll realize that you can survive doing so. Once you're over that hump, general chatting might come more naturally to you.
Afraid of sound like an idiot.. my expression also goes blank cause I get nervous sometimes... then I have to tell people what I'm feeling. It's so embarrassing. DX
You'll get over it. Talk and talk and talk and talk and talk until you get used to it. It's easy.
I haven't really talked to anyone in person or on the phone cause I'm home schooled. ಠ_ಠ

But I'll try.
I'm home-schooled too. I know how hard it is without real-world friends.

I hope you do, and good luck.
Nothing is wrong. You're just a shy person. You'll grow out of it. Did you know that James Earl Jones used to have a terrible stutter. From what I understand it was hard to even understand him as a kid.

Then he went on to play Darth Vader.

So just think. You can't speak now, but one day you could play a big screen movie villain who will become legendary.

Or maybe a romantic hero.

Or maybe a... Well point is you'll get there.

:)
The best way to get on an extrovert's good side is to ask them questions about themselves. :P It's not that they don't care what you have to say--introverts listen, and extroverts talk. They'll love to sit there and tell you about stuff all day long. Extroverts actually tend to really like shy, quiet people because they're good listeners.

So, to get started, try asking other people about themselves and the things *they're* interested in. Start with broad questions like someone else suggested. If you don't feel comfortable talking about yourself or feel like people will think you're boring, this can help you get a conversation started. (I'm sure you have a lot more awesome things to say than you think you do, too)

Maybe join activities that will force you to be more extroverted, or watch how outgoing people start conversations, and try it out. If you embarrass yourself, it's ok. The point is, keep trying, and you'll get past this speaking block. If something doesn't work, try something else. There's nothing wrong with you!! Have more confidence in yourself. :)
same shit here, unless ive known them for a while, like a year friendship probation period lol. its catted
you not speak cause you're unsure of the others opinion? or just feel a bit awkward around new people?