Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Can someone please give me some advice, anything?

:iconcall-past-rain:
Call-Past-Rain Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lately I've been questioning myself, wondering how I can try to get better.

I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, and I'm really just not sure what to do anymore. I'm very worried for my mental state, and I feel it has gotten worse after an incident that happened earlier this month.

I have not gone to school ever since that incident (and I was away for weeks BEFORE I went to school on the day of that incident) and I'm afraid to. My emotions are just a clusterfuck right now and I'm just so confused on what to do. I can barely talk to someone about this through voice or face to face due to anxiety, plus, I type better than I talk.

My suicidal thoughts have become even worse since that has happened as well.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? (If you need to know about what happened, you are free to ask, I suppose.)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconslippymagnus:
SlippyMagnus Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I understand.

I've on multiple occasions been inches from death. It seemed at the time that Death would be the best of my life. I'd die, and then not have to be here anymore.

I need to hear about what happened, else I can't help.

Please, enlighten me.
:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Artist
I got over my mental issues by insisting that I didn't have any. I've definitely been through serious bouts of depression and some truly psychotic mental breakdowns. However, being so close to the streets at the time (I was actually homeless fairly often) I eventually came to a choice: start functioning mentally, or die in a gutter.

And, assuming you're not set for financially for the rest of your life, that's where depression will eventually lead you as you care less and less for yourself.

Be stubborn.

I still have occasional delusions and hallucinations, social anxiety, and the like, but have learned to recognize harmful behavior patterns for what they are and today I don't really break down to much anymore. My mood swings are noticeable, but they do not overwhelm me, rather I just keep working through them.

Realize your brain is an immensely powerful thing. YOU decide if you are in control of it, or if you're gonna let your feelings get the better of you.
:iconneppyneptune:
NeppyNeptune Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Find something you are really close to, or really, really like, like a video game or a Lets player on Youtube or something. the trick is, is that finding some positivity in your life will help, it takes your mind off stressful things and enlightens you in the moment.

Also, do you or did you have a person that you would look up to in your life, and love them care for them deeply, but somehow they came down with a life-threating sickness, or even died from it, causing stress on you till this day?

If so, I have a trick up my sleeves to help you. :3
:iconlordgenitals:
LordGenitals Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you told me about this incident yet
Yes, I have, Queso.
it is the story that you shortened in that tumblr ask?
Yes.
take an art therapy class where you express your emotions through art. vent everything out on your artwork and show it to a therapist that isnt an asshole, or show it to someone who runs(?) the building and ask them to assign you a different therapist. its hard to control, i know, but dont be too anxious to talk to the adults. tell the adult who assigns therapists to people why your therapy isnt helping.
I'll ask my mom about it about art therapy. I've never heard of those classes.
well i read a story where the main character went to a
erhm
"class of the imagination" and its pretty much that im not sure if many of them exist but give it a shot if you can
Add a Comment: