Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

my dad keeps calling me fat

:iconskitterkins:
Skitterkins Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
im not even "fat" I have a muffin top and ive had it for a long time, with awful stretch marks. Sure i had an injury in October last year which i put on about 10kg because i was sitting around for 4 months.

Ive tried being healthy, i had a few good weeks. it its not like i have put on any weight since my injury, and hes like "no wonder your putting on weight if you eating 2 piece of toast and a pasty" Which i am not eating to toast now it had to much Vegemite on it -.-;

I do want to loss 20kg, so that ill be 50kg like i was in like 2009-2010.

What i need is some advice to get skinnier is what im asking?
I know there are plenty of places on the internet to find this stuff but i guess i need a real person to give me advice.

:/

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpeachykit:
peachykit Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
try eating vegetarian 3-4 days a week.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student Filmographer
I've no idea about your eating habits, but have you considered eating little but often? What's your diet like?
Skitterkins Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well.
Yesterday i had..
Left over schnitzel parmigiana around 10 am
around 2pm I had a peanut but sandwhich.
Then I walked home from my boyfriends house at about 5, that is 5km (I walked yesterday aswell)
Then i had a small dish of pasta tomato based with a few veggies and cheese grated on top.
As a quick snack at the end the day, about 2 squares from two different chocolate bars, and no more the 20 chips from some chip packets. that was about at 7.
and that was all i ate.
I drank, water and a iced coffee 600ml
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student Filmographer
Huh, it doesn't sound too bad, but to be fair, I don't know what most of those are like nutritionally. Have you thought changing your snacks, maybe? What about a mixed nut/fruit thing, or celery?(personally, it's not for me. But I've heard you burn more calories than you consume when you eat it, plus I've heard American kids eat it with peanut butter)
I've also heard green tea is really good for the health, digestion and dieting. Some people don't like it, but I find it's so much better when lemon and honey is added.
Mostly, if you combine good diet with exercise, you should be okay. I don't know why your dad keeps bringing it up for, if you want to lose weight, have it so it's on your own terms, and not his.
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'm sure your dad doesn't mean anything bad, there could be lots of reasons for why he calls you fat, maybe he doesn't think that you become offended, maybe he wants to piss you off so you can do something about your weight.. anyways. You need to keep a balance, you need to eat a couple of times a day, they say that 5 times is the best, 3 important meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Then 2 light meals, like a fruit or something, in between. So the important thing is to keep a balance, don't starve, but don't eat like a pig :P to exercise is good, not only do you help your body get rid of redundant calories, but you also build your immune system among other things. Find something you enjoy, e.g. condition training, workout, whatever works for you. Different ways burn calories in different ways and amount, but the important thing is that you lose weight, have a slim body and feel better. In the end everything is going to take time, so don't count on everything going fast, it will take at least 3 months to see results, and by then you must have trained a couple of times a week. And of course it matters what you eat and when, no junk food (if you want to see fast results). It all depends on you. You can read on the net about various exercises and how you can combine them the best way with food, time and which days during a week, for how long etc. There is a lot to learn :)
:iconannlix:
Annlix Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
In theory you can do the chips-diet and loose 20 kg. I am NOT saying that you should, because it wouldn't be healthy AT ALL. What I am saying is that, as long as you don't eat more than you exercise you loose weight. Calories you eat - calories you exercie SHOULD be = -

So, if you like eating the way you do, and don't want to change everything completely hope is not lost, even though it probably makes it easier eating healthier. The only thing you have to think about is eating less. Preferably less sugar, and scary plastic wrapped food.
And also if you have some trouble with the exercise part, just take a long walk. It is always better than just sitting around. And drink lots of water :) Water is good for you. Great one might say.

Now, please everyone, don't misunderstand what I wrote. I do NOT think that anyone should be on a chips-diet! I am only saying that in theory it would work as long as you eat less than you get rid of.

It's not as easy for everyone to change their life completely, but if one takes small steps to begin with it is a start to something at least :)

emilybutt, just make sure it is for YOU, you make these changes and not your dad or anyone else.
:iconpopaganda77:
popaganda77 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Photographer
Well, if you're fat, stop being fat.

It's not that hard to figure out, you idiot.

You shouldn't call people "niggers' because they can't stop being black. You /should/ call people fat, because you can help them stop being fat.
Skitterkins Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
your'e not very helpful.
:iconthegroovymurphy:
TheGroovyMurphy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hit the weights. Do strength training. That helps a lot. But losing weight is mostly about proper nutrition.
:iconepic-candy:
Epic-Candy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Lift weights and invest in a punching bag. Then do a training montage. Then punch your father in the face.
:iconidnidveifencetum:
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
But if you want to get a bit thinner, it's not all about exercise and less food. It's all about moderation.
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Let me just be blunt, frank, and straightforward with you:

Your dad is an asshole for saying that.

You don't have to lose any weight. Your perfectly beautiful just the way you are. A parent shouldn't be saying crap like that about their child. Screw his ass for even thinking that.
Especially about his own kid.

I won't tell you how to get thinner, because your a lovely person just the way you are.:)
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I second this too. Your dad should be the last person to say that. He's supposed to love you, protect you, encourage you, help you get through the tough times, and look after you. That's what a dad is.

Btw if your dad still doesn't stop calling you fat then don't get skinnier. Show him that you're not being affected by what he's saying. That's a good way to annoy someone.
Yeah.

If it were me, I'd start blowing up like a balloon on purpose just to mess with him.

Of course I have a slightly twisted sense of humor, so you probably shouldn't listen to any of my suggestions. Except the part about being pretty just the way you are.
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No no no, I have to admit I'm also a huge sadist.
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh? Well in that case here's a random disgusting thought:

Since a lot of guys are obsessed with penis size and length (I don't know why), sometimes I wonder if some guy ever got male enhancement surgery, but took it too far, so that if he wasn't erect, you could tie his dick in a knot.

Wouldn't that be weird to see?

Personally I think it would be a hoot to tie him up, then show him a bunch of erotic pictures and see what happens.

I'm sick I know. :)
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I understand about the dick size you're saying...(I watch a lot of yaoi)
And yes, I do agree.

Yeah, yeah, you're sick. But not sick enough...not that sick.

Hey umm, I think this conversation is getting a little bit off from the original topic. I'll continue my thoughts and send it to you in a note. Would that be fine with you?
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sure. I love getting notes.
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you.
(1 Reply)
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Seconded.
:)
:iconthemarcher:
TheMarcher Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I lost about that much just by getting a job where I walked a lot. So my tip is make sure you don't sit down to much, stand and walk as much as you can. I don't know how bad your injury was but if you can't walk some some other way to stay active as much as you can. It does not have to be hard work, just do it a little all the time.
And cut down on the worst calorie bombs. Don't go on strict diets most people end up gaining more than they lost a few moths after.

And be happy with who you are. Hating your body just makes it harder to loose weight. it is a lot easier if you reward yourself with training rather than punishing your fat with it.
And do fun stuff for training!
:iconironhold:
Ironhold Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Talk to a doctor. Maybe a trusted coach if you're still in school.

They, not your dad, are the ones to determine if you're fit or fat.

If you're fit, then have them speak to your dad about the matter.

If they decided that you're overweight, they'll give you a proper weight-loss / fitness routine.
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Keep track of your calories using one of the free trackers on the Net and pay no attention to your dad. He may be right, he may be wrong, but he is clearly awful at social interaction.

It's weird, but some of the foods people worry about are nothing crazy while others are hidden calorie bombs. Like toast. If I have toast for lunch it's a light lunch. But today I was kneecapped by tofu. Tofu! Apparently my guy got the fattest tofu in the store. But if I hadn't read the package I never would have known. So you always have to look until you get a good idea of what things are really like.
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
As far as your diet goes, really all you need to do is remember one word: moderation. Instead of trying to avoid certain kinds of food, just eat a well-rounded and balanced diet. And control your portions so you're only eating until you're full instead of until you're stuffed. I think about the only thing people won't try to tell you to avoid is essentially rabbit food--fruits and veggies. And, while said rabbit food is definitely healthy and you probably should eat more of it (unless you're already eating it by the bushel), your diet should also be a little more diverse than that.

Meats have good protein, iron, and other minerals, so don't stop eating that (unless you are a vegetarian/want to be a vegetarian and know how to combine foods to get all the nutrients you need). Instead, perhaps eat meat in smaller portions. And while a little bit of salt in your diet is good, chances are if you eat much in the way of processed foods you're actually eating way more than you need. Too much salt in your diet will just make you retain water, and thereby add to your weight. If you're making food from scratch, most of the time you can either leave the salt out entirely or just cut back on it a little and the end product still tastes great. And on that theme, opt for homemade stuff over pre-packaged stuff when you can. You'll have more control over what actually goes into what you eat, so you can keep things a little healthier.

Don't be afraid of fats and carbs either--your body actually needs those things to function smoothly. Just generally try to eat things that are higher in unsaturated fats than the saturated ones (though the saturated ones are still ok, just eat them in moderation). Skip the skim milk and opt for at least 1%, because milkfat is actually good for you; most of the vitamins in milk are fat-soluble, so the milkfat carries all that good stuff into your system. And when you eat carbs, the less processed they are the better. Opt for whole grain stuff over bleached enriched white whenever you can. And while you don't have to cut refined sugars out entirely (in fact I advise you don't--cutting them out completely makes them even more extremely tempting than usual), you could probably cut back on your intake of stuff like soda, candy, and ice cream so you only eat/drink that stuff every once in a while, and always in small portions.

In a nutshell, what you eat all comes down to balance, not avoidance. Pair that with moderate exercise, and I have no doubt you'll like the results. While it'll probably take several months to get back down to 50kg, with patience and persistence you'll get there. Always be wary of anything that claims to make you lose weight fast, because that's a) stressful for your body and thereby not healthy, and b) extremely difficult to maintain. Best of luck! :)
Thanks for all the advice.
I really want to get fit, but I should stay away from any packet food.
I love eating as well when im bored -.-;
I used to be so skinny :/ but it all caught up to me
Im out of school so I should have more time to do this stuff im just lazy sometimes.
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You're most welcome. :)

If you really feel like eating something when you're bored, try picking up something that's on the healthier side, but still crunchy and munchable. Like carrot sticks. Or apple slices. Or a trail mix of some sort with a bunch of different kinds of nuts in it, and maybe a few pretzels or chocolate chips to help keep it interesting (just make sure you eat all the nuts too).

I understand what you're saying about being lazy sometimes. I used to have that issue too. I've found that having someone else to exercise with really helps motivate me to get moving even when I'm feeling lazy. Try finding a workout buddy for yourself. My workout buddy and I just picked a regular day of the week and time to meet, and so we get together then every week. That's what works for me, but if you find something else that works better for you then by all means do it! :)
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Photographer
well first of all your dad is an asshole. don't let him make you feel bad about yourself no matter what. even though you don't believe this, when he says that you should say "I want to be really fat" hahah!

BUT...to lose weight. cut down on junk food and soda. if you have to open a sealed plastic bag to eat food it's probably not good for you. if you can cut out soda ENTIRELY (I have) that will help greatly.

exercise!!!!! that is most important. Riding a bike for 20 minutes (or whatever, but I'd recommend 20 minutes) is really good for your lower body. then just try to find somethin else to work your upper body dont really know what to recommend.

any kind of exercise will do. put some music on and just do something. dance around like a crazy person even! :dance:
He usually picks on stupid things. like when i need to pluck my eye brows, he tells me etc.
My granddad came over before and I at a donut because we just came back from shopping so I had one.
He said pretty much the same things, but nice -.-;
derp, like father like son >.>

But thanks for the advice. I did buy a bike but my legs are jelly so Im still learning to re ride it.
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Photographer
definitely. I try to do everything the opposite of my parents. It's crazy because they are all just like their parents, I don't see how they can't see it. So that is my goal, to be nothing like them. even though they are pretty nice. lol

but the bike is PERFECT. when I first started riding my bike again at the beginning of summer I'd get tired really fast, but the more you ride the easier it gets on your legs and you'll get in great shape fast!

I've had a donut every day for like the last week hahah.
:iconerarosaimmortal21:
erarosaimmortal21 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Punch him the face when he calls you that. When he develops bruising a black eye, or a swollen lip call him panugly. XD

Exercise, exercise and more exercise! Stay away from carbonhydrates!
Eat more things like fish, white meat and vegetables.
Maybe steam/grill your food I find it to be less oily/greasy.
But then I have a high metabolism, and it looks like I appear kinda starved on my top half. 0.0 lol
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Ignore him. Two pieces of toast is nothing...
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
If you are going to lose weight, do it for yourself and not because of what your dad says.
I've read other forums about this, and most people suggest a plant-based diet and limited wheat and meat intake. Exercising, of course, is helpful.

best of luck ^^
:iconarmonah:
Armonah Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
You don't need to lose 20kg of fat, you need to lose about 100kg of bad parent.
:iconhippo-rim-job:
hippo-rim-job Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Unless you are genuinely obese, it's really a mistake for a parent to tell their child that.
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
I agree! A parent should never call their child fat.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
exercise :nod:

And ignore your dad when he sys you're fat.
Your parent should be saying that to you :(

Although my dad calls me all kind of things, and I just ignore him
:iconmorthax:
Morthax Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
eat less, exercise more. :shrug:
Add a Comment: