Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

my dad keeps calling me fat

:iconskitterkins:
Skitterkins Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
im not even "fat" I have a muffin top and ive had it for a long time, with awful stretch marks. Sure i had an injury in October last year which i put on about 10kg because i was sitting around for 4 months.

Ive tried being healthy, i had a few good weeks. it its not like i have put on any weight since my injury, and hes like "no wonder your putting on weight if you eating 2 piece of toast and a pasty" Which i am not eating to toast now it had to much Vegemite on it -.-;

I do want to loss 20kg, so that ill be 50kg like i was in like 2009-2010.

What i need is some advice to get skinnier is what im asking?
I know there are plenty of places on the internet to find this stuff but i guess i need a real person to give me advice.

:/

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpeachykit:
peachykit Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
try eating vegetarian 3-4 days a week.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student Filmographer
I've no idea about your eating habits, but have you considered eating little but often? What's your diet like?
Skitterkins Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well.
Yesterday i had..
Left over schnitzel parmigiana around 10 am
around 2pm I had a peanut but sandwhich.
Then I walked home from my boyfriends house at about 5, that is 5km (I walked yesterday aswell)
Then i had a small dish of pasta tomato based with a few veggies and cheese grated on top.
As a quick snack at the end the day, about 2 squares from two different chocolate bars, and no more the 20 chips from some chip packets. that was about at 7.
and that was all i ate.
I drank, water and a iced coffee 600ml
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student Filmographer
Huh, it doesn't sound too bad, but to be fair, I don't know what most of those are like nutritionally. Have you thought changing your snacks, maybe? What about a mixed nut/fruit thing, or celery?(personally, it's not for me. But I've heard you burn more calories than you consume when you eat it, plus I've heard American kids eat it with peanut butter)
I've also heard green tea is really good for the health, digestion and dieting. Some people don't like it, but I find it's so much better when lemon and honey is added.
Mostly, if you combine good diet with exercise, you should be okay. I don't know why your dad keeps bringing it up for, if you want to lose weight, have it so it's on your own terms, and not his.
:iconlightning-13:
lightning-13 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm sure your dad doesn't mean anything bad, there could be lots of reasons for why he calls you fat, maybe he doesn't think that you become offended, maybe he wants to piss you off so you can do something about your weight.. anyways. You need to keep a balance, you need to eat a couple of times a day, they say that 5 times is the best, 3 important meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Then 2 light meals, like a fruit or something, in between. So the important thing is to keep a balance, don't starve, but don't eat like a pig :P to exercise is good, not only do you help your body get rid of redundant calories, but you also build your immune system among other things. Find something you enjoy, e.g. condition training, workout, whatever works for you. Different ways burn calories in different ways and amount, but the important thing is that you lose weight, have a slim body and feel better. In the end everything is going to take time, so don't count on everything going fast, it will take at least 3 months to see results, and by then you must have trained a couple of times a week. And of course it matters what you eat and when, no junk food (if you want to see fast results). It all depends on you. You can read on the net about various exercises and how you can combine them the best way with food, time and which days during a week, for how long etc. There is a lot to learn :)
:iconannlix:
Annlix Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
In theory you can do the chips-diet and loose 20 kg. I am NOT saying that you should, because it wouldn't be healthy AT ALL. What I am saying is that, as long as you don't eat more than you exercise you loose weight. Calories you eat - calories you exercie SHOULD be = -

So, if you like eating the way you do, and don't want to change everything completely hope is not lost, even though it probably makes it easier eating healthier. The only thing you have to think about is eating less. Preferably less sugar, and scary plastic wrapped food.
And also if you have some trouble with the exercise part, just take a long walk. It is always better than just sitting around. And drink lots of water :) Water is good for you. Great one might say.

Now, please everyone, don't misunderstand what I wrote. I do NOT think that anyone should be on a chips-diet! I am only saying that in theory it would work as long as you eat less than you get rid of.

It's not as easy for everyone to change their life completely, but if one takes small steps to begin with it is a start to something at least :)

emilybutt, just make sure it is for YOU, you make these changes and not your dad or anyone else.
:iconpopaganda77:
popaganda77 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Photographer
Well, if you're fat, stop being fat.

It's not that hard to figure out, you idiot.

You shouldn't call people "niggers' because they can't stop being black. You /should/ call people fat, because you can help them stop being fat.
Skitterkins Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
your'e not very helpful.
:iconthegroovymurphy:
TheGroovyMurphy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hit the weights. Do strength training. That helps a lot. But losing weight is mostly about proper nutrition.
:iconepic-candy:
Epic-Candy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Lift weights and invest in a punching bag. Then do a training montage. Then punch your father in the face.
Add a Comment: