Details

Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32
:iconmrgreen36:
Mrgreen36 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
First of all I'd like to apologise in advance if this turns into a whiny filibuster. I have a reputation for that.
Now my problems. I just feel as though the entire internet hates me. It's like everybody just constantly tears apart everything I stand for and believe in with no repercussions. And anybody who stands up for what me is shouted down and called rabid. However if somebody attacks something I don't like or disagree with, the whole internet comes out to defend the thing i don't agree with/don't believe in.
So I'm posting this to see if anyone can help

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnightshade255:
Nightshade255 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
WELCOME TO THE INTERNET.

Everyone here hates everyone else. Be a preemptive asshole and people might start respecting your views.
:iconkausawolf:
kausawolf Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why not get off the internet?
:iconzedasiria-derazz:
Zedasiria-DeRazz Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Not everybody on the internet will be nice to you. Just try to find a group that accepts you for who you are
:icongodasleep:
godasleep Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Take a break from the internet. And toughen up buddy. There are trolls and mean people everywhere but everyone online couldn't possibly hate you. I have cussed a lot of people out but I still have people admiring my art and being nice to me. You probably went through some bad experiences so you feel like the whole Internet is against you but that just can't be. Just take a break and things will become clear again.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
If you're going to take internet seriously...
You're going to have a bad time.
:iconiialau:
iialau Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student
couldn't have said it any better myself :3
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If everyone you meet find you offensive, then is it possible that you... offend?
If you have offensive opinions, people will get offended.

Maybe there are certain types of discussions you scould stay clear of, if you want to avoid drama.
Mrgreen36 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
To be honest I don't do much posting online outside of Deviantart. I usually stumble upon discussions other people are having
But then how do you end up in the middle?

This is not something that happens to you for no reason. You act in such a way that it happens to you. If you want it to stop, you have to stop your behaviour.
But I don't post anything. I just see the discussions. I don't even hold offensive opinions. I just like stuff that seems to be unpopular and hate stuff that seems to be popular
So... You don't post, don't get into arguments, and generally don't have any communication?

What exactly is it that you need help with?
I just feel down over the fact that everybody on the web seems to disagree with me and I feel as though the whole world's ganging up on me. I know it sounds stupid but that's how it feels
Maybe you don't go the places where people who agree with you go.

I have no idea what you disagree with people on, so it's hard to say. :shrug:
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
I think you're taking it all too personally.

There are trolls and people out there who will fuk with you just to get a reaction and, if you fall for it, it's your own fault. But also remember, if they arn't picking on you they'd move on to the next person, so it's not you in particular they're attacking, you just happen to be the person there at the time.

That doesn't mean you should just take it, however. If they're pestering you, turn them into the site where they're pestering you on. Or ignore them. Nothing bugs a troll more then being ignored. And the negative people, just turn around and be nice to them; kill them with kindness. It works and they get so mad it’s funny! lol :)

I use to get bullied at school and these are just ways I found to deal with it and that they work on the internet too. ;)

Hope this helps.
:iconidnidveifencetum:
IdNiDveifencetum Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Don't be so affected. That's all I can say.
:iconpirate-marylin-the-m:
Pirate-Marylin-the-M Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012   Traditional Artist
Perhaps a case of how you phrase your sentences? It's impossible to read someone's nonverbal communication through the screen (maybe smileys help a little :P).
I also had this 'problem' (I can be a very sarcastic person xD) so I tried to rephrase my sentences so that people better get I do not mean any harm with it. Worked for me :D
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Photographer
Welcome to the internet. May I be your tour guide? lol :)

Sounds completely normal. Rarely do I find a person that agrees with what I say. It seems like it is everyone's job on the internet to read what someone writes and to do anything they possibly can to find something wrong with someone's opinion.

literally, you just need to not give a fuck what other people say. lol If you know you are going to get a negative response from someone, delete their comment before you can even read it, I do that sometimes. I just make the point I want to make then never read or respond to any replies.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Maybe what you believe in is seen as evil and wrong? I don't know what these views of yours are...
Mrgreen36 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No. I'm not that sort of person. I'd never believe in something if I thought it was wrong or evil
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Unpopular opinion that little manchildren can't handle so they lash out?
Mrgreen36 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Probably. I don't do much posting on the web outside of Deviantart. I mostly stumble upon other people expressing opinions.
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Many times it seems like people are deliberately being counter-point just to be annoying--don't take it personally.
:icondarknessshadow100:
darknessshadow100 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
welcome to the internet. don't let it bother you, alright? for each hater, there is at least one person who agrees with you, you just need to know where to look
:iconuniversalkiwi:
UniversalKiwi Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Well, that's the internet. It's not going to change.
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There are thousands of thousands of people on the internet. How could they all possibly hate you? Trust me, almost all of them don't really care.
Thousands and thousands? Think millions and millions.
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I just did not want to over estimate and look like an idiot. :nod:
I might be wrong, but I think there are around 15 mill dA members. :la:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
pffbt well then. :paranoid:
Mrgreen36 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Sorry man. It just feels that way sometimes
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well it's not. :)
:iconhippo-rim-job:
hippo-rim-job Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Rabid? Rabies is a virus transmitted through animal saliva.

You feel ganged up on. The internet can do that. Just know that often the gang is actually only five or six people who are really devoted. It makes it seem like more of a threat than it is.

If the source of your stress is on the internet and not in real life, lucky you. Log off and walk away.
Add a Comment: