November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 109

What to do if you get ill too often?

:icondragonfly-oli:
dragonfly-oli Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hello, everybody.

I am a person who gets ill very, very often, even in summer. Right now I am sitting here, having a flu.

(Sorry if it does not fit into the "Help with Life"-folder, but I am sure I would only get bad answers if I posted it in "Complaints".)

Can I prevent getting ill?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconemiliapaw5:
EmiliaPaw5 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Boil some water, put in some honey and squeeze in some lemon, sprinkle cinnamon in (if you don't like cinnamon, don't add in), drink that on a daily basis. Honey is a natural antibiotic that can strengthen your immune system over time. I was fed up being sick quite often and took a lot of antibiotics, it lowered my immune system even more, so now I drink my honey and lemon mixture.
Flagged as Spam
:iconcoyotedove:
CoyoteDove Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Some things you can do are:

1. Get well over the average daily amount of Vitamin C. This will help keep your immune system strong, I also recommend large amounts of Vitamin D as well. It can help aid the Vitamin C.

2. It has bee found that Green Tea is really good for your health, even more so if you are suffering from sore throat, cold, flu, etc. Hot Green tea with honey and lemon is great for that, but Tazo iced Green tea is also a good choice.

3. Chicken noodle soup actually does help, eating other soups that have loads of vegetables are also good.

4. Eat as healthy as you possibly can, eat loads of fruits and vegetables, and be sure to always get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. PLus make sure to get plenty of calcium.

5. Refrain from drinking sodas, energy drinks like rockstar and monster. Limit your coffee intake, as well as alcohol intake.

6. Get plenty of sleep

7. I've heard certain fresh fish are very good for your immune system as well.

8. Consult a doctor for further options, Though I got all these from doctors when I've been ill, or family members have been ill.
dragonfly-oli Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you! That helped me a lot.
:icondaisydinkle:
DaisyDinkle Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I would see a doctor, as it might be possible that you have a weakened immune system. This could be caused by many things including autoimmune disorders, allergies,anemia and other medical problems. It is not normal to be sick all the time. It's a major sign that something is very wrong. It's also likely easily fixable once diagnosed. If you are unable to see a doctor, try searching for natural ways to boost your immune system and buy a multivitamin as well if you feel that your diet is lacking. Whatever you do, do not accept being sick regularly as 'normal' for you and get it checked out asap. Good luck to you. I hope this flu season isn't too brutal on you.
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It totally fits in here. :)

Your physiological health is in a subtle connection with your psychical integrity. Stress and anguish hinder your immune system, and the nature of your illness might give you an answer to what you need so badly: some caring, being left alone, some rest (also in terms of giving a rest to something you're compulsive about), or some movement (in case of stiff muscles)...

Your greatest support in healing yourself is wanting to be healthy, both physically and mentally. You have to be conscious of this will, and direct your wants toward things that you could only do in a healthy state. Having a self-decided mission provides you with a striving attitude, which keeps in your mind that you "simply can't afford to be ill".

I hope this helps you. I grew to be able to sometimes predict when I might fall ill because of my preceding mood change, and I can actively start reducing its drawbacks (vitamins, self-cheering) before actually entering it. It has subtly, yet significantly improved my initial immunity. :)
dragonfly-oli Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you!
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:hug: My pleasure!
:iconkrissey:
Krissey Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hallo Leidensgenossin. Ich werde auch ständig krank, vor allem zwischen Oktober und April. Ich halte mich natürlich an alle oben genannten Tipps, aber was mir auch hilft ist zum Beispiel ein heißes Bad dann und wann, oder ein Saunagang, und ausreichend Schlaf. Einfach ein bisschen relaxter und entspannter fühlen. Manchmal muss ich mich dann selbst dazu ermahnen mir ein bisschen mehr Zeit zu nehmen mal einfach nichts zu tun, oder Dinge die mir Spaß machen und bei denen ich abschalten kann, aber es hilft tatsächlich. Meine Ärztin sagt, Stress ist da ein großer Faktor, auch wenn man sich gar nicht so gestresst fühlt. Einfach einmal pro Woche MINDESTENS entspannen. Irgendwie. Da weißt du ja sicher am besten wie es geht :)
dragonfly-oli Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey, danke! :)
Meinst du entspannen im Sinne von den Kopf frei bekommen? :)
Add a Comment: