Details

Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 92

Cutting... Almost

:icongragonwings:
So... the title says a lot... A few days ago I went to the bathroom and took a knife with me. I put it to my leg (I didn't want to use my arm since people would see it more easily and I guess m leg was the next safest place.) But I started trembling to bad and then i couldn't do it safely with out making a mess... I keep getting the urge to do it again that's all I think about most of the time...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconivorysinkshore:
ivorysinkshore Nov 14, 2012  Student Writer
There are much better things you can do to feel better than to cut yourself.

First of all, if you've been cutting for quite some time then my advice will not help at all, so just see a therapist if it's already an addiction. The therapist will help, not some random person on the Internet.

Second, if this was the first time you ever attempted at cutting then STOP. Don't try it again. Once you start you really can't stop without someone/something helping you stop (usually). Do an alternative such as 1) talk about how you feel to a trusted friend or adult, talk it out, let them comfort you. 2) hang out with friends. 3) go for a run or exercise. 4) wear a rubber band and just have it hit your arm or whatever...(explained that wrong and it's still bad to do but it still causes pain - just not lasting, severe, damaging, ect pain. 5) invest yourself in a hobby. 6) do stuff that makes you happy 7) get a pet or hang around your pet more often. 8) help others - volunteer at places. 9) go out more often. 10) think about why you are sad, why you wan to harm yourself, and give yourself advice you'd give to others. You'd want them to follow it through, wouldn't you? Take your own good advice. 11) get more involved in school. 12) sleep. 13) study something new. 14) draw or write. 15) mediate.

I could go on and I will if you want. Even if you do already cut, maybe the alternatives can help...but I don't guarantee it. I hope this helps.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Nov 14, 2012
Cutting yourself never lessens, it just gets more intense and more frequent. I think getting some professional help would be a good move. I'm sure they have some free mental health clinics in just about every city. Don't wait.
:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Nov 14, 2012
Sounds to me like you know deep down that you don't want to do it. You know, deep down, that there is a larger problem not yet addressed but you are strong enough to overcome it. You need to tell someone. You need to go to a parent, a teacher, a counselor, a doctor, or somebody who you can trust, and tell them that something is wrong, and that you want to address it, that you want to feel better about things and not resort to almost harming your body.
:iconfillintheblankstares:
Did you just randomly want to use the knife, or do you kind of already do similar things like scratching? Because from what I've heard from a psychological standpoint, you're more likely to have issues with it if you start by scratching and then move up in severity.

While I was trying to stop I would take it out on a piece of paper instead of myself by getting a notebook to scribble in when I got the urge really badly. Maybe that would help you, too?
Iv been thinking about it for a while now, but yes I went straight to the knife.
:iconfillintheblankstares:
One thing you can try doing to distract yourself is whenever you start feeling like that, just find something to do. Tell yourself to think about it later and find something that requires all of your focus. It helped when I used to, but I'm not sure if there's a difference or not between people who want to and people who have.
You could also try learbing a craft like knitting or crocheting. It may sound random, but it takes so much focus that you forget about what's bugging you. Knitting also kinda hurts when you first start doing it because it uses obscure muscles, so it'll mimic he pain you want to feel without you doing any real harm to yourself.
:iconelmida:
Get professional help, cutting doesn't solve anything. It's like taking pain killers for a headache when your skull is split open.
:iconda1withdalongestname:
You're not the first person to think this

Don't do it, because it'll be more of a problem than it's worth. Besides, you didn't do anything wrong, there's no reason to punish yourself with that. Try to do something else or cut something else instead. Maybe folding a paper thick enough & cut them? Or maybe ask your parents can you help with the meat next time they're in the kitchen. I personally prefer burning things especially papers or dried wood, it's a good excuse into urging your family into a barbeque night.
Nice idea about the babeque. :)
I do burn this sometimes, iv always liked doing that, mom called me a fire manic sometimes.
I never thought about it as punishing myself...
:iconda1withdalongestname:
Well, I was almost an arsonist when the cloth dryer caught on fire, burning all the clothes on them. Lucky most of the clothes were mine so my mother didn't care. Even luckier, I put the fire out in time, well I got burns on both of my legs because I use hot oil, but nothing major, just scars due to improper wound treatment. But that's just because my mother didn't care enough to get me to the doctor.

Well it's obviously punishing yourself, punishing yourself for something you didn't do. I remembered you're having guy problems & the depression of your mother getting remarried correct? It's not your fault, so there's no need to put it on yourself by cutting yourself. A waste of fine skin I'd say.

:hug: There there, not to worry, things gonna be just fine.
Add a Comment: